three

"Heaven, we need to talk." Sharon's voice echoed through the pediatric floor of cancer. Heaven rolled her eyes and stood to her feet, following her boss to a conference room.

"It's been brought to my attention that a check was made anonymously for the rest of your patient Daloni's treatment." Sharon stated. Heaven always gave Sharon problems, mainly because Heaven did what she wanted.

"Okay." She shrugged.

"Heaven it doesn't work that way. You need to start doing things by the book. If not you will cost yourself your job." Sharon frowned.

A couple of days after Heaven found out that Daloni would be dumped back into the system. Heaven wrote a huge check to continue his treatments. She didn't see the big deal. He deserved health care in the first place.

"I'm sorry ma'am. But there's not one rule that states a nurse or a doctor can't make payments to patient's treatments. I don't even understand why it matters. You and I both know that he's in his last stage. He needs those treatments." Heaven rose her voice.

"This will be reviewed by the board. Expect to be hearing from them." Sharon implied, leaving Heaven standing there with her mouth agape.

She returned back to Daloni's room to see him still coloring the sheets she printed for him. "Ou, it looks good papa. What color is that you're using?" She asked, hoping he remembered the colors that they went over yesterday.

"Lellow." Daloni nodded, scribbling across spider man's face. Even though he was using the color blue Heaven smiled and pinched his cheek.

"I'll be right out here, ok?"

Daloni ignored her and continued coloring his favorite villain. To him, Spider Man was the strongest man alive. He had the biggest muscles and can Daloni had no problem telling people that he was Spider Man Jr.

Heaven went to the desk that Jayda was at and rubbed her temples."I'm not understanding what I did wrong Jay. All I was doing was giving him a chance. He deserves that much right?"

Jayda pouted and grabbed her friend's hand. "Babe you did the right thing. God will continue to bless you for it. He deserves a chance and right now he needs all of the love and support he can get."

"Why are you saying right now, like something's gonna happen?" Heaven frowned.

Jayda sighed and looked her good friend in the eye. "Baby he's not getting any better. His labs came back and the cancer is starting to spread to his brain. His doctor says he's looking at two weeks."

Heaven's eyes clouded at every single word that spewed out of Jayda's mouth. There was no way that Daloni only had two weeks left. She wouldn't believe it. Jayda rushed to her friend's side when Heaven started to sob.

"I know baby. I'm so sorry." Jayda uttered, rubbing Heaven's back as she cried. Jayda had been knowing this information since Daloni's test came back, but she had been trying to avoid Heaven.

"What am I supposed to do?" Heaven asked, clutching to Jayda's shirt. Everyone around had already knew that this would be Heaven's reaction. Heaven was attached to Daloni, something that medical professionals were supposed to avoid.

"Go be with him. Spend every second of your free time with him. He needs you baby. Pull yourself together and go fight that battle with him." Jayda coached, holding Heaven's face in the cup of her hands.

Heaven shook her head and started to hyperventilate. Her chest tighten and tightened as air became harder for her to breath.

"Heaven look at me. Look at me. Breathe. In and out." Jayda said as her mother instincts kicked in. "Look at me and breathe like you know how." She added holding Heaven's face.

"Go be with him. I'll cover your other patients." Jayda stated.

Heaven had got her breathing under control and nodded her head. Every since Daloni was transported to the hospital, he had become Heaven's light to her rain.

Daloni was brought in because he was lethargic and having hard times breathing. After multiple of tests, the doctors had found cancer. Being that Daloni had had the cancer for so long unknown he was already in stage four. Daloni was a child of the state. His mom died giving birth, and his dad committed suicide.

Daloni never had family. When he was admitted into the cancer wing six months ago, his social worker stopped doing her duties. Heaven stepped up and took Daloni under her wing like her son that she never had. Heaven had thought so many times about adoption, but she always knew that she wasn't ready to take on being a full-time mom.

After going to the bathroom to get herself together, she went in Daloni's room to see him laying on his side. The coloring book was now on the floor along with the crayons.

"You done coloring?" She asked, picking everything up.

"Done." He nodded. Most of the times Daloni only talked in one-worded sentences. He only made full sentences when he felt like talking. Almost never.

"You're so strong. You're stronger than spider man." Heaven smiled, bending down to his level. Daloni reached his hand out for Heaven to grab. When Daloni and Heaven's hand connected, he brought it to his chest.

"Hurt." He whimpered.

"I know papa. I'm so sorry. I promise if I could switch places with you I would." Heaven pouted, taking her other arm and pulling a chair up.

"You're turning six in three weeks what if I brought Spider Man to you?" Heaven smiled big, making a huge grin grace Daloni's face.

"Pider Man day." He yelled.

"Good. Just hold on a little while longer, I'm gonna make sure he comes to see you. It's gonna be so fun. We'll have cake and ice cream, and balloons." Heaven ranted.

"Pider Man make me better?" Daloni asked, trying to put Heaven finger's in his mouth to suck on. He always tried to suck on Heaven's finger. Heaven didn't know where he got it from, but she never let him.

"Hopefully papa. I hope you get better." She sighed, now putting her hands in her lap. "I just want you to be better so we can go to our playground date."

"I die early." Daloni whispered.

Heaven's eyes welped up once again, as she watched Daloni silently cry. Daloni knew his condition. He was five, but he knew that he wasn't supposed to be sick everyday. He knew that he wasn't gonna be here for long.

As much as Heaven wanted to tell Daloni that he would live pass the two weeks that the doctors gave him, she couldn't. She never lied to Daloni about his health.

Instead of responding, she just wiped his face. Daloni stuck his own hand in his mouth and looked at Heaven. He now took his small free hand and wiped at Heaven's tears.

It was no question that the two needed each other. Heaven just didn't know what she would do without Daloni. She just wished that there was more she could do, sadly she knew it wasn't.

The only thing that she could do now was keep Daloni comfortable.

~
hi my loves!

so i've thought about it, daloni isn't going to get a facelcaim, simply for the fact that I don't want to use anybody's else kid to portray his horrible situation.

how we feeling about sharon threatening heaven's job?

most of y'all guessed that she was gonna pay for his treatments but nobody expected to hear the news afterwards..

jayda informed us of the devastating news about daloni, honestly we expected heaven to react the way she did.

how we feeling about heaven and daloni's spider man conversation? he's so stinkin cute yo.

that last comment hurt my heart though, what about y'all?

we still feeling this book?

vote and comment! 50 votes for an update

-jassyout