~ 4 ~

Aurora stared at her reflection, recently she was allowed to get out of the bed and walk around and all she could ever do was look at herself in the mirror, staring at herself. Ever since she awoke, she's been getting compliments left and right from the staff in the hospital. She was called beautiful and lucky to have such nice clear skin, and long hair. She didn't see the appeal though, she thought her lips were too thin, and her face too slim.

She couldn't see what everyone was talking about, but the second Charlie said how pretty he thought she was, she believed it. She was quite happy in fact at the simple compliments Charlie would always give her. Maybe it was because she couldn't remember what it was like having a father, or if she even had one, she couldn't seem to remember what love of a parent felt like to her.

It was refreshing in a sense to her, every compliment and gift Charlie brought to her when he came to visit made her happier and happier each time.

Weirdly enough, when she thought long and hard about her emotions her hair would either float gently from happiness or dangerously from fear or anger. She didn't know what to make of that and tried hiding it, feeling scared at the thought of anyone finding out.

But at the moment she was suppose to be taking a bath and she couldn't help but watch as her hair floated gently around her head like she was underwater.

"Aurora." A voice sounded behind the bathroom door, Nurse Taylor was here to check up on her, "Aurora are you finished sweetheart?" She gently knocked on the door knowing that loud noises petrified the young girl in the bathroom.

"Y-yes Nurse Taylor, " Aurora was quick to attempt to smooth her hair back down on her head, some strands refusing to stay down but with a twist of the doorknob from Nurse Taylor the strands tugged on her scalp in fear and dropped down before the door could open.

"Oh Sweetie what's wrong?" Nurse Taylor frowned, she saw Aurora rubbing her head to sooth the pain of the tugged strands, "do I need to call Doctor Lee?" She grabbed ahold of Aurora’s shoulders and lightly pulled her out of the bathroom.

"N-no need please." She didn't feel like being poked and prodded at right now, "I just finished brushing my hair and pulled some strands." She smiled, it's been a week and Aurora still didn't speak above a whisper, her yelling volume was at a normal speaking level and everyone just chalked it up to her being shy and nervous.

"Okay," Nurse Taylor signed, "but are you excited? You're gonna leave this dreadful room!" She gave a bright smile, Nurse Taylor wouldn't admit it but she felt quite sad that the girl was leaving.

"Yes!" Aurora nodded, "I don't like it here." She didn't mean in the way people thought, she quite liked staying in the hospital, she just didn't like it when Doctor Cullen attempted to talk to her.

He even brought one of his sons to meet her, only for her to cry out when he too attempted to touch her, the voices in her head yelling to get back from him before she got hurt.

"I know darling," Taylor frowned, "but you're gonna go home tomorrow, with Charlie." She rubbed her arm, "he'll take good care of you." Taylor knew that for sure, she also knew the man wouldn't make the same mistake twice and the Cullen's wouldn't be allowed  anywhere near her.

"Yes I know!" Aurora nodded, ''I trust him, and he likes me!" She gave herself a nod as if to assure herself what she said was correct.

"You're right about that Sweetheart." Nurse Taylor chuckled, Aurora’s happiness made her happy and she was feeling quite sad over the fact the young girl would be leaving so soon.

"Will you visit me?" Aurora stopped thinking about Charlie for a second, "will Doctor Lee, Nurse Yale, and you visit me?" She purposely left Carlisle simply because she didn't like the man, the voices never speak to her unless he's around her and she doesn't like the noises they create.