10. She knows

"Uncle Yuta?!" Yuta freezes at the familiar voice. Kaname Kurihara, daughter of his former co-worker, Kurihara Ryutaro.

"Kaname sweetheart~" Yuta smiles and she looked almost relieved to see him. She rushes to him, embracing him tightly and he chuckles. "Alright alright, I know you've missed me, I've missed you too" He plants a kiss on the top of her head and she lets go, jumping onto her bed.

"How have you been?" He asks. "You've grown up so well" He smiles and her whole demeanour switches from happy to terrified. She withdraws and Yuta notices. "Hey..." He says softly. "Is something the matter?" He asks and she slowly shakes her head. "N-no, I just got shivers when you smiled..." She says quietly.

She knows...

"Oh, good shivers?" He asks and she shrugs. "I-I don't know," She says and he chuckles. "You know a bit too much, don't you?" He thinks. "I'm not after you," He says in his mind and she seems to relax a bit.

"May I have a look at your dream diary? y'know the one you used to show me all the time back then?" Yuta asks, completely switching the subject and she freezes. A mixture of excitement and weariness... what is she hiding? "Um... can we skip over a few pages though?" She asks and he cocks his head to the side. "Why? what's up?" He asks, with a look of confusion and concern on his face. "Um... I don't really like remembering those dreams" She says. "Is it okay if I just read it then instead? you know I'm understanding and won't judge you for anything you've written in here" He says and she sighs. "Fine" She mutters and Yuta smirks, watching the girl slide under her bed, he hears a few clicks and something being dragged out as she appears again. "Here," She says passing the diary to him and he thanks her. He opens the pink scrapbook and flips the pages before reaching a page that she'd put a sad face sticker on.

The girl sits beside him, wrapping a soft white blanket around the two's shoulders, the blanket had various poses of Marie from The Aristocats on it. Yuta remembered buying her the blanket, it didn't cost much but she appreciated it and treated it like it had cost someone's life which is usually the case but in this case, it had only cost £6 which was nothing to Yuta's bank account. He was worried to tell her about the price in case she decided to treat it like shit because it wasn't worth as much as everything else in her room.

-----

01/08

I had a dream that I was in a weird tunnel. I looked around but the walls were pitch black, there was a red light at the end and a silhouette that I recognised as uncle Yuta's. He was holding a hatchet that was dripping with blood. He'd killed someone and I was terrified that he was after me so I ran back but it was pitch black and I wasn't going anywhere but he was getting closer and closer... then I woke up just before he grabbed onto me.

I hope uncle Yuta is okay...

-----

He says nothing and pretends to notice the girl's uncomfortable fidgeting as he flips to the next page, which also had another sad face sticker on.

-----

17/08

Uncle Yuta again.

But this time there was someone with him. I don't recognise this man but he was very cute, he reminds me of a Cheeto - a baby cheetah, I call them Cheetos because I think it's cute. Uncle Yuta seemed to tower over this boy who looked scared. He was holding the same hatchet as uncle Yuta had in the other dream but the blood was blue. The boy was crying and looked like he wanted me to help him but I didn't move because I was too scared. I called out for uncle Yuta who stared at me like a big cat that had seen its food, his eyes were red and then I noticed there were strings attached to the boy's limbs like he was some sort of puppet. I walked forward and uncle Yuta laughed, letting go of the boy who fell to the floor along with a bunch of other bodies that came out of the sky. I screamed and tried to run but then I woke up.