049

CHRISTMAS KISS-049

CHRISTMAS KISS-049

Days later, everyone spent Christmas Eve morning putting up Christmas decorations. Diana could not remember her father ever being in such a good mood; he was singing carols, apparently delighted that he had company over for Christmas.

He pulled his daughter to dance with him, spinning the giggling girl around as he sang 'Rocking over the Christmas Tree' at the top of his lungs, grabbing his daughter's hand and rocking around in circles. Diana exploded into laughter, a large smile spread across her face as she danced with her father. Sam was suddenly pulled into the dance, making it a three-way dance now.

The twins were the happiest they had ever been, finally having their father on Christmas. Years of disappointment in having a fatherless Christmas' vanished at that moment, each of them wishing this could be forever.

But it can't.

This was the last Christmas the twins were going to spend with their father. And none of them knew what was going to happen in a few months.

Hermione arrived at the house around twelve. The dancing had died down, Sirius headed into the kitchen insisting on helping Joanna with Christmas dinner, and dragged his son with him. Surprisingly to them, Remus had come over and was spending Christmas with them, he was gazing lovely at Joanna.

Diana and Ginny followed after Hermione, whispering about how Harry's been hiding from them and acting weird since they got back from visiting Arthur at St Mungo's. She was worried about him, as they started towards the boys' bedroom. Once there, she opened the door and saw Ron and Harry sitting on their beds.

"How're you feeling?" Hermione asked.

"Fine," Harry said stiffly.

Diana snapped impatiently. "Cut the shit, Harry."

"Ron, Ginny, and Ana say you've been hiding from everyone since you got back from St Mungo's," Hermione added.

"They do, do they?" Harry said, glaring at the trio.

Ron looked down at his feet, Diana gave him a deadpanned look and Ginny seemed quite unabashed.

"Well, you have!" Ginny said. "And you won't look at any of us!"

"It's you lot who won't look at me!" Harry said angrily.

"Maybe you're taking it in turns to look, and keep missing each other," Hermione suggested, the corners of her mouth twitching.