14

"It looks like both the prince and princess are having sweet dreams"

Blue jewel eyes shifted to look at the two toddlers that had curled up on his side, "...she did sing a song that chases bad dreams away."

Not missing a beat, the familiar voice responded cheerfully, "Yes, the fairies must have heard her song and gifted them both with the most sweetest of dreams."

"You're full of nonsense these days."

A chuckle rang in his ear, but he didn't mind. His own words had no heat in them. His focus remained at the small beings that peacefully slumbered away.

The frivolous one shifted closer to his pinkie, face scrunching. 'Sensitive to surroundings, despite being asleep,' he noted, '...a good sixth sense for a royal.'

His jewel blue eyes shifted to the other one, the wary one. It made him curious that despite being near-paranoia when they had first encountered, the child was now sleeping peacefully, forehead resting against his index finger.

 It made him curious that despite being near-paranoia when they had first encountered, the child was now sleeping peacefully, forehead resting against his index finger

He brushed his fingers over the frivolous one's platinum blonde hair, just like hers, "so troublesome, sleep."

Waiting until the child's facial features relaxed, he took off his hand before hovering above the wary one. For a moment, he stared at the familiar facial features.

It was obviously his, but at the same time, the discrepancies were obvious. The child had longer lashes, a tad lighter shade of hair under the light and the child's eyes were rounder, much like hers had been.

His fingers brushed against the golden locks, and felt himself freeze when the boy whined. 

As he stared at the two toddlers, for a moment, he had expected someone else. Wincing at the sudden headache, he leaned back to rest his head against the wall. Staring at nothing, memories he had wanted to forgot nudged upwards to the forefront of his mind.

The same memories the two toddlers were dreaming. The memories he remembered just a few days ago after the wary one had fallen into the water. 

Feeling a shift, his eyes glanced down, only to find the younger one had reached out and took his sister's hand in his. Their grips had tighten around each other. He ran his free hand through his own golden locks. Aiming to leave his bed space to continue on his pending work, but he froze as he took note of one thing he hadn't immediately noticed.

Twin small hands had gripped on his fingers— his pinkie by the frivolous one, and his index by the wary one. Frowning, his shoulders lost its tension as he leaned back once more.

 Frowning, his shoulders lost its tension as he leaned back once more