Its Just A Spell

AnnaLeigh Malfoy

"Be so careful, AnnaLeigh. I'm not joking" Draco said as he held my face in his hands, looking down at me as he ran his thumb softly over my lip "Don't leave Hogwarts at all and keep your wand on you"

"I know" I smiled and reached up on my top toes to kiss him "I will and I love you"

"I love you" he smiled "Now, go. I have work to do" I gave him one last kiss before spinning on my heel and leaving his office.

I walked through the busy hospital, dodging patients and doctors here and there before I made it to the floo room. I didn't bother to change before hand, I didn't need to—plus I though it might give 7th years who are studying to be a healer, motivation.

I pinched some powder between my fingers and stood in the fireplace with my bag over my shoulder "Hogwarts" I dropped the powder and enveloped in green flames.

Soon to be met with the walls of McGonagall's office. She wasn't here, which was sort of in expected but there is a Quidditch match going on as of right now.

Before hand, McGonagall had given Kehlani and I permissions to go anywhere in the school, obviously, not in classrooms that are in the middle of a lesson and not to wonder through the restricted sections—just like every other student and to not go into the dorms, just to respect the students privacy.

Walking through the halls, I almost felt like a student again. Seeing the beautiful scenery through the obscured glass windows, passing a student here and there, watching as the portraits moved and conversed with each other as if I wasn't even here.

I really missed it.

Without even realising, I found myself stopping at the Slytherin common room. This place was home to me for so many years and now it feels as though I don't even remember what I looks like inside.

I looked at the portrait, softly asleep in the middle of the day. I laughed and wondered what the password would be now, was it the same?

"I wonder" I whispered "Pastletongue" without even opening her eyes, the painting opened with a small click. I laughed, how ironic.

I stepped through and down the small platform before entering into the large room and Oh my god.

It was exactly the same.

It was fairly empty except for the stray student or two and one familiar brunette sitting on a bean bag by the book shelf.

"We had the same idea, huh?" I laughed as Looked up from her book.

"It looks the same and it even fucking smells the same" Kehlani laughed as she closed her book and placed it onto the bottom shelf beside her "Anyways, you took your time didn't you?"

"Oh, yeah" my face suddenly dropped at the realisation that I had something to tell her, something I didn't even wanna believe is true myself.

"What's wrong?" She immediately stood up.

"Scorpius is getting released"

"No fucking way" she gasped, her eyes widening and her hand slapping over her mouth "This is a joke? You're joking with me?" I slowly shook my head "What, Why!?"

"It's called compassionate release. We don't know the exact details yet but we know he's getting out" Ever since Draco told me, I had spent the time thinking it was a bad dream or that he didn't actually tell me that and it was just my mind playing tricks but saying it out loud now.

This was more then real.

"You shouldn't be here—"

"No" I shook my head "I'm not letting him spoil my shit, now, can we go? How much of the game have we missed?"