Nineteen

I shuffled back on the bed, my back hitting the head board. Even though I'd only just met Liam, I was already slightly frightened of him. His vibe was off.

I just want Louis.

"What do you mean 'help'? I asked warily.

He smiled sweetly, coming to sit on the edge of the bed beside Zayn. "To restore balance." He gulped, smile slipping into a sad one. "We did try to stop it before it was too late, but somehow the alpha recovered and it happened anyway..."

"Wait..." I paused, taking in his words. "Do you mean Louis? You tried to stop Lo-" I gasped, scrambling off the bed. "You're the one that hurt Louis! Aren't you!?"

Tears abruptly filled my eyes, coming to the realisation that Zayn, one person I was once so so close with, hurt Louis. They were the reason Louis almost died... well did die.

"How could you?!" I exclaimed, my voice breaking at the end as Zayn also stood stepping towards me. I quickly rushed back, hitting the bedside behind. It dug into my lower back, but I gripped it to stay grounded and away from him. I looked to the door, knowing it was my only exit.

"We had to, Harry! The prophecy can't become true." He tried to explain, making me even more confused. I could hear a low whining in the back of my head... my wolf crying.

"What prophecy?" I gulped, sniffling as Zayn sat down again with a sigh, looking to Liam to explain.

"There's this prophecy. It's old witch and wolf law, something that was created thousands of years ago when witches created the first packs." Liam scratched his neck, his eyes not meeting mine. " 'There is to be a wolf, young and fruitful, who will bear the child of the witch alpha. This wolf will be descended from ancient ancestors, those of who the land began with, a pure and powerful omega. The witch alpha, descended from a pure wolf and a witch.' "

He spoke as if he was reciting it, and by the end his eyes had reached mine. I swallowed at the dark look that flashed over them. " 'the fruitful wolf will bear the witch alphas child, who will bring devastation...' "

"Devastation?" I swallowed, a lump forming in my throat. I looked towards the open door again, the hallway light indicating we were at the end of the walkway.

"We don't know what it means, but I know I'm not willing to find out. So, that means 'that' has to go." Liam pointed to me, finger to my lower stomach. My eyes widened.

"What?! No, no. I'm not pregnant! And Louis is no witch or whatever the fuck your calling him!" I denied, looking at the pair as if they were crazy.

"Every witch has a gift. That's Liam's gift, he can sense when someone is pregnant. He can sense you are..." Zayn looked down to his lap as a tear escaped my eye.

"Even if I am... what are you gonna do?" I sniffled, tears falling rapidly at the realisation of what they want to do. My body willed me to make a run to the door.

"We have to get rid of it, Harry. That's the only way the world will be safe."

Before he had even finished I was speeding out the door. I stumbled as I turned down the hallway, hearing and ignoring as Zayn called out my name. This was too much, no way any of this was true. None of this is real. They were lunatics.

The hall was narrow, only one person wide, but I ran full pelt into a large open room. I scanned my surroundings quickly, not looking to stick around, and spotted a door to the outside beside the kitchen.

I ran into it, swinging it open and rushing out. I could hear foot steps behind me, but a crash told me which even one was chasing me, had fell as I leapt off the veranda into what seemed to be the backyard.

I ran straight into the line of trees and into the forrest.