Chapter 7

"Hm? What do you need Xia--" but before he even finished his sentence, Xiao's eyes looked deeply in his.

"What did you do to Venti."

"To who?" Yanxiao looked around and spotted the bard laying on the ground.
"Oh? Him? He was trying to stea--"

"He's my caretaker, Venti."

"O-Oh.. really? But he was trying to--"

"He was getting himself an apple now that he was hungry for waiting for me to get up." Xiao was almost shaking of letting his anger inside, letting go of his shoulder.

"..I thought Zhongli was your caretaker.. what happened to him, then?"

"He has other matters to attend to. So have I. Count this as your warning, next time, I'm bringing you and this Inn six feet in the ground."

—————————————————————————

Xiao's shoes could be heard, walking upstairs to his room. With Venti in his arms. Even though Xiao was obviously still sick, he managed to get him to his own room, and opening the door.

Walking up to his bed, he put Venti on it and sighed, looking away and blushing. Was he really going to do this? Ugh, who cares.

He stepped in the bed, too and blushed even brighter, he sat up and didn't move for a good two minutes, looking at Venti to make sure he was asleep.

After that, he put an apple next to Venti on a desk, and layed down too. Pulling the blanket over the two with again, a blush and staring at the bard, who he thought was just a simple mortal. But how could a simple mortal look so.. so..

Xiao sighed, grabbed Venti's hand, still blushing and hid his head in Venti's chest, hugging him, almost. That's the only thing that could.. get him off those ideas. He was just a caretaker.. just.. somehow who was a friend of Morax, and a friend of Morax, is a friend of his.

While moving a bit closer to Venti, he eventually fell asleep, too now. He felt so save, so happy.. why? What was it what made him so happy? His smile? His songs? Maybe just his aura? Or.. was it just the fact that.. he was so nice to him.. for literally no reason.. He could've left him by now, but he didn't. He could've just.. left.. but he didn't.. he.. could've...

Venti opened his eyes, just when Xiao almost fell asleep, he moved a bit and Xiao's blush just increased. Pretending to be sleeping, apparently, Venti fell for it and just stroked through Xiao's hair, smiling happily.

"My hero.. you've had such a rough time.. no worries.. I'll stay here until you have.. got.. enough of me.. hehe.." Venti seemed upset, but continued to talk anyway.

"Even though you don't know.. I've always admired you.. you are so strong.. and helped so much.. I wish I could've thanked you a million years earlier.. I.. I think you're just so.. you're so special. Please, stay with me forever.. I promise I'll take good care of you. And.. I'll.."

Xiao hugged Venti, instead of holding him, he still pretended to sleep. Venti's face lid up, smiling and hugging him back. Xiao was now laying on top of Venti, with his head on his chest.

Venti pulled him up closer, their lips almost touching, he put his hand on Xiao's cheek, and smiled.
"Good night.. sleep well.." He put Xiao back on his chest, as he hugged Venti's belly a bit more.

Venti pulled out his flute and silently played him some tunes before going to bed as well, as he wanted to place his hat and flute on the desk, he saw the apple laying on it. Venti looked at Xiao and smiled.

He saw Xiao was actually asleep now, and gave him a small kiss on his forehead before falling asleep as well.

Both the boys were sleeping silently. Nothing was watching them, except Zhongli standing outside the window. He looked at them, and thought by himself "I knew that this was right". Gave a small nod, and left off, too.

—————————————————————————
(sorry for so many time skips holy-)
—————————————————————————

Venti and Xiao both were having breakfast down in the corner, both of them having a slight blush on their face. Smiley Yanxiao was no where to be seen after yesterday, too.

"..So... how are you feeling now, Xiao? Any better?" Venti said after he finished his food. Venti looked at Xiao and smiled.

"Oh- yeah- I'm feeling already a lot better.." Venti caught Xiao staring at his empty plate, while he was holding his work up with a piece of tofu.

"Hey, a question... why do I only see you eating almond tofu? Is it really that tasty? And if so.. can I try?!" Venti quickly came closer and smiled brightly, Xiao looked at him and slowly pushed him away a bit.

"Oh.. no reason. And, of course you may. Should I ask for a new plate?"

"Oh! No, no, if it turns out I don't like it it'll just be a waste.. I'll just get some of yours~" Venti put his fork in his tofu, scooped some up and smiled and Xiao, he just looked away and sighed.

—————————————————————————

865 words, sorry it's an extra chapter, so that's why it's short, it was just so I got some words back from when I was offline for so long (´-﹏-';)

(there could be a couple spellings errors now that it's quite rushed!)