Part 33

"KAZUTORA! YOU GOT A VISITOR!" A voice shouted out through the door, the black and blonde-haired boy looking up from the book that his mother had gotten him for Christmas, the boy sighing as he nodded. It was a cold Christmas night, the normally cheery atmosphere revolving holiday that the boy loved so much being lost while in jail.

The boy walked through the halls, his hands cuffed as they made an unexpected turn, walking away from the visitation room and towards the rooms that they had set up for overnight visitors. Kazutora furrowed his eyebrows as he looked up to the older officer who sighed.

"You're lucky his dad is a friend of mine," Was all the officer said to the boy as he opened the door and stood to the side.

"I'll be back in the morning to get you. Don't do anything to get me in trouble." The officer spoke as he undid Kazutora's cuffs, slightly pushing him into the room and closing the door behind him. Kazutora let out a small huff as he looked around the room before his eyes finally landed on the pink-haired boy sitting on the bed.

"Merry Christmas, Kaz," Kota mumbled, a small smile on his face as the boy realized what was going on. For the first time in a long while, a genuine smile broke out onto Kazutora's face. Kota stood up, walking over to the table, and opening what looked to be a grocery bag, taking out two bowls of to-go Ramen.

"I know it's not much but-" Kota mumbled, pushing the food towards the other chair at the table, Kazutora walking over to it and sitting across from the pink-haired boy.

"It's perfect, Ko. Thank you." Kazutora spoke for the first time in the night, running a hand over his face to try to get the dumb smile he had on his face off. The two began to eat in awkward silence, the only sound echoing throughout the walls being the two slurping on the soup from the meal.

"You know- for being in prison, you look surprisingly happy." Kota pointed out, leaning back in his chair as Kazutora looked up from his ramen, a small smile breaking out onto his face.

"Well- I had a meeting with Draken and Takemichi the other day... Mikey forgave me, he actually forgave me. Then, it's Christmas ya know? Even if I can't celebrate it a ton in here, it's still Christmas." Kazutora explained causing Kota to nod, taking in more noodles.

"Plus, I get to see you. I uh- I didn't think you'd want to see me anymore." Kazutora admitted causing Kota to cock his head back as he gave a questioning look.

"Why wouldn't I wanna see you?" Kota asked, leaning forwards and propping his head upon his hand and staring at the boy who shrugged, clearly debating on if he should tell the boy.

"I don't know- I guess you got what you wanted right? You hurt Akira?" Kazutora shrugged, biting the inside of his cheek as he stared down at the food. Much to his surprise, he felt Kota's hand reach across the table, putting it over his hand. Kazutora looked up, finding Kota with a thoughtful look on his face, staring into his eyes.

"When you first came to me, I thought that was what I wanted, I thought I wanted to show him what it meant to lose something, to hurt. But after we did, I don't know- I just felt empty. There was no relief or happiness, it was just empty, until I thought about the time I spent hanging out with you. I realized that I didn't care that Akira didn't want me anymore, all I could think about was that time we had ramen and you laughed so hard a noddle came out of your nose, or when you took me up to Hokkaido because I hadn't ever been up there." Kota ranted, staring at the boy before shrugging.