TWENTY

XX

OBLIVION      . . .      𝑏𝘰𝘰𝑘 1
﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌﹌
Rafe Cameron ━━━ CALLISTA MAYBANK
He soon learnt that in this world the only person he could really count on was the girl.

ACT ONE

━━━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━━━

Cal stepped back to drink her water whilst Rafe, Topper and Kelce continued to work out. Rafe had insisted that he had some eye candy to focus on whilst exercising and made her come down to his gym with him.

The girl purposely made sure to wear the shortest shorts that she could find just to ensure that he had something to look at. She could tell that it was driving him insane, especially since he couldn't pull her into him whilst Kelce and Topper were there.

"My mom thinks I did it, even though there's no way I could've. I mean, how?" Topper questioned as he stopped doing pull ups.

His eyes flickered to the red head, wondering why she was in the gym with them, but then remembered the party that she attended with Rafe and decided to stay quiet.

"It's always my fault, no matter what. She just, she just wants me to be this little robot. That just checks her boxes." Topper continued to complain. "You know what I mean? SAT prep? Oh, check. Serving food at the shelter? Check. I mean, I do-I literally do everything she wants, and I'm sick of it."

Cal let go of a chuckle, making the three boys turn and look at her. She was jealous. She wanted a parent to push her to be the best she could be, but instead, she ended up with Luke.

"Topper, stop complaining like a little bitch." She couldn't even bite her tongue any longer. Sure, Topper's mom pressured him into doing things to be her little golden boy, but in the future, it would benefit him and only him.

Kelce chuckled and wrapped his arms around the girls waist. Her eyes flickered up to Rafe who tutted to gain Kelce's attention before shaking his head. Rafe pointed at Cal and motioned for her to come over to him.

Instantly, she girl walked over to the boy, allowing his arms to wrap around her small frame. He pressed his lips against her forehead. He didn't care if Topper and Kelce knew anymore. She was his and he didn't want anyone else to lay a finger on her.

"Go get cleaned up, I'm taking you out." Rafe whispered, his warm breath hitting the girls face.

Cal wouldn't deny that she got the cliche butterflies from the way those words rolled perfectly off of his tongue or the way that his eyes flickered down to her lips.

"Sure you are, and where are we gonna go?" Cal raised a brow, her fingers threading through his hair. "Everywhere we go, we'll be seen. I can't risk that."

"I don't wanna keep you a secret anymore, sweetheart." Rafe grabbed the girls ass and lifted her up. He slowly walked over to the door before placing her back down. "I might also join you in the shower, gimme five."

A smile made its way onto the girls face, she nodded her head and pulled the boy down to connect their lips. They moved in perfect sync. His hands gripping her ass, making her let go of a small gasp, which made Rafe chuckle.

Cal pulled away, shaking her head as she slowly walked away from the boy. Her smile dropped once she made direct eye contact with John B and Sarah.

"Oh fuck." Cal whispered to herself.

"Callista?" John B furrowed his brows. Trying to piece together why on earth she was just making out with Rafe Cameron.

The red head rushed towards John B and Sarah, pushing them both into Ward's office, in hopes that Rafe didn't see them both.

"What are you doing here?" Cal asked the boy, her eyes flickering down to his shirt, which was dripping blood. "Are you okay?"

"He's fine. I'll be right back with a first aid kit, I'll be right back." Sarah said as she made a swift exit.

"Why? How? Why?" John B shook his head. He hated the idea of Cal and Rafe. She was too good for him.

Cal lowered her head almost guilty. She let go of a shaky breath and pinched the bridge of her nose before saying,

"I think I love him, John B." She admitted.

Cal wouldn't even believe that she had said it herself. It seemed as if everything was moving too fast, but in reality, it had been a year since they started sleeping together. A year was more than enough time to fall in love with someone.

"Callista, is he black mailing you or something? Do you need help?" John B was worried for the girl, she was like his little sister.

"No, no he's not." Cal shook her head. "Look, I didn't mean for it to happen, okay? Please don't tell JJ."

"I won't say anything. It doesn't take a genius to figure out how much happier you've been this past year." John B responded, taking a brief pause. "But you should know better than to get with a Cameron, Cal."

He wouldn't say anything to JJ, not until Cal was ready to talk to him, whenever that may be.

"Oh come on JB, you've gotta be kidding me. Everyone's seen the way you look at Sarah. When are you gonna make a move?" John B lowered his head, thinking that his secret crush was in fact that, a secret. "All this kook and pogue shit, it's bullshit. Make a move JB, I think she feels the same way."

Sarah returned shortly after Cal finished speaking, making the pair turn to look at the blonde. Cal nodded, silently telling her that they were still going with their cover story. It seemed as if Sarah understood since she nodded too. Cal didn't think that John B would tell JJ, not without her permission anyway.

"I'll see you later, JB." Cal saluted as a goodbye. "Sarah."

The girl exited the office and let go of a shaky breath. It was a close one, it could have gone in either direction. John B could have forced her to tell JJ or he could keep quiet, and thankfully it was the latter.

socials
instagram ~ vxidcameron & em.newman
snapchat ~ emilynewman1234
tik tok ~ vxidbucky & leeandhan