Chapter Seven

YN walked through the halls later than evening, flicking through her notes with Bucky. Not looking where she was going, YN tripped over a step, flying forwards and into a large body. "Oof!" She shouted; the wind being momentarily knocked out of her.

"Are you okay?" The body spoke, hands grabbing onto YN's upper arms to steady her.

YN looked up into clear blue eyes. "Uh, yeah." She said, stepping back. "Thanks."

Steve nodded, rubbing at the tufts of his hair. Looking down, Steve noticed the notepad. "These Bucky's notes?" YN nodded, grabbing the notepad from Steve's outstretched hand.

"Yes." She replied bluntly. Looking around awkwardly.

"He's agreed to see you then?" YN nodded and Steve sighed. "Look, can we talk about... this?" YN frowned, looking up into Steve's eyes.

"About what?" She questioned.

"Don't play dumb, you clearly have an issue with me and I want to clear the air." YN grit her teeth, looking to the side to see Sam glaring at her. Rolling her eyes, she turned back to the blonde man.

"Okay, but not here. Too many eyes and ears." She grunted, returning her own glare to Sam's retreating figure.

They entered Steve's room, quietly avoiding the subject. "Uh, beverage?" YN scoffed.

"You think that'll clear the air? Beverage? What are you a flight attendant?" YN chuckled, making Steve relax.

"Sorry." He muttered. "Uh, let's talk."

"I'm listening." Steve rolled his eyes at the woman's stubbornness.

"Look, I'm not seeking out a friendship. I just want things between us to not be so... cold. Sam has complained a few times." YN nodded, mumbling out a "yeah, to me, too." "I'm just sick of the anger I see in your eyes every time I look at you."

YN sighed, looking at the ground. "Okay, so what do you propose?"

"Let's just, put aside the anger. Again, we don't need to be friends, but we can't be enemies." YN thought for a moment, looking into the blonde's oceanic eyes.

"Fine, but don't think this means I'm going to be braiding your hair anytime soon." She snarked, smiling sarcastically. "But I'll stop with the glares of death, as Sam calls them."

Steve chuckled, "I can work with that." Sticking his hand out, YN frowned at it. "Acquaintances?"

Blinking, YN turned her nose up at the outstretched hand. Taking it in her pointer finger and thumb, she feigned a gag as she 'shook' the man's hand. "More like, friend of a friend." Steve rolled his eyes with a laugh.

"Works for me."

YN stepped out of Steve's room a few minutes later, her grip on the notebook at her hip tightening.

"YN!" She heard her name being called, the voice she recognized instantly.

"T'Challa, hi. Sorry I ran off earlier. I had some stuff to deal with." She laughed, waving her hands vaguely.

"Yes, I heard you are helping Mr. Barnes with his recovery. That is very noble of you." YN blushed, looking to her feet.

She went to speak when the door she had just walked out of opened. Steve walked out, looking up when he noticed he wasn't alone. "Oh, hello again, friend. T'Challa." He nodded his head to the two of them, walking by with a smirk, which only grew when YN called out behind him.

"Friend of a friend!" Shaking her head with a small smile, YN turned back to T'Challa. "Are you busy this afternoon?" She asked, her smile growing as the king smirked.