34

“Yes Lauren.”

“I will try my best.”

“Collins give the phone back to Lauren.”

Lando opened the door and saw his girlfriend talking on the phone. He smiled and pulled her into the room and gave her a quick kiss, making her smile.

“I promise Lauren.”

“Just give me a minute,” Daniella whispered to Lando as her elder sister continue talking to her on the phone.

Lando patiently sat at the edge of the bed and pulled Daniella to sit in his lap.

“Just tell Collins or dad to call me. Okay?”

“Love you too, bye.”

Daniella let out a sigh as she ended the call and threw the phone aside on the bed.

“Hi,” she smiled and kissed her boyfriend again.

“Hi,” he smiled as they pulled away. “I have missed you.”

“I have missed you too,” she got up from his lap and comfortably sat on the bed.

“So what is going on?”

“Lauren's due date is approaching and she wants me with her in the delivery room, and apparently half the drivers are betting on us.”

“Wait what?” Lando asked, confusion written on his face.

“Mick has a bet with Lance and Esteban, abd Seb has a bet with Kimi,” Daniella explained in details.

Lando laughed as she was finished explaining, making Daniella feel confused.

“See how much I love you,” he smugly said, kissing her in the lips. “Everyone can see it.”

Daniella picked up a pillow and hit him, making him laughed even more. “And what will happen when everyone finds out?”

“Oh.. Then we are screwed,” Lando shrugged. “But the real question is who do we want to win the bet.”

***

The next morning Daniella and Lando arrived together for the track walk.

 She spotted her PR manager and race engineer arriving together and gave them a playful look, making Myra's face turn red.

“Shut up,” Nate scolded the driver, making her laugh before he went to his team of engineers to get ready for track walk.

“Do you want me to ask?” Daniella asked Myra.

“Not now,” Myra mumbled as she dragged Daniella away from Lando. “Come on, you need to change and be on the track.”

“I will see you later,” Daniella waved at Lando who waved back.

 He was soon joined by Carlos and his girlfriend, they chatted for a while before making ways to their respective team.

***

There were reporters and cameras all around as Daniella walked with Nate on the track and rest of the team following close behind.

“So…”

“Not now Dani,” Nate glared at her, making her chuckle.

“At least tell me you two are serious,” she asked, genuinely wanting to know.

“Very serious,” Nate smiled and looked at Myra who was busy taking photos.

“Aww! You love her,” Daniella clapped her hands in excitement.

“Shh,” he snacked the back of her head. “I haven’t told her yet.”

Daniella immediately shut up as Myra looked at them with confusion.

“FYI, she is a sucker for candle light dinner and Disney movies…oh and she says red roses are her favorites but its actually white lilies.”

“Have I told you that you are the best,” Nate  messed up her hair.

“Not recently, no,” Daniella ran her fingers through her hair, trying to fix it.

Nate once again ruined her hair making her groan before he went to join his girlfriend.

 The track was almost done but Daniella had to stay back for a couple of interviews. The questions were simple, mostly about the race and her upcoming appearance at the Met Gala.

“Heard you are going to the Met Gala too," Lewis joined her once she was done with the interviews. The shutter sounds of the cameras could be heard.

“Yeah,” Daniella smiled. “Are you sad that you you won’t be the only f1 driver there?”

“On the contrary, I am actually glad,” he gave her a smile.

Both talked for a whiles as they excited the track, cameras were following them closely.

“I think Mercedes is trying to steal her,” Max told the team principal as their eyes followed the duo.

“Nonsense, she already signed a three year contract with us,” Christian assured the driver, but sounded a little unsure.

He fears that if in the future Daniella decides that RedBull is not enough for her then Toto Wolff will happily help her buy her way out of the contract and sign her up.

**********

A/N: Dani to Mercedes?
Dani and Lewis as teammates?
Dani and George as teammates in the future?