Chapter Seven

Oliver

I rolled my eyes as four nosy family members of min asked the same question. Dad and Gran looked genuinely curious, Alhan had a teasing smirk already and Jada looked a bit annoyed.

“She's just a friend.” I explained quickly.

I knew everyone would've dropped the topic if Israel hadn't let out a disbelieving hum. “Is that why you went to go see her in a hotel yesterday?”

“Hotel?”

“Ooh, what are you up to bro?”

“Explain.”

Everyone started bombarding me with questions but Mom stayed quiet, staring at her phone as if the conversation didn't bother her at all. I knew for a fact it did, her frown said it all.

“Israel, you know I only went to see her to make sure she was okay after the incident. We are just friends.” If I can even call her that.

“You still haven't answered my question, how is she?” Sam interjected.

“She's good, just staying away from her house for a while.” Sam nodded at my reply and every other person decided to let it go and not ask about her anymore.

Dinner was amazing
It felt just like when I was younger, there was always laughter and someone teasing another. The food was great and dessert was even better. Erik had made an amazing chocolate cake that I couldn't help but think Lianne would love.

Jada, Eran and I help Mom clear the table. There were still maids who helped clean the house but the least we could do was clear the table.

While Jada and Eran returned to the living room where everyone else was, I stayed in the kitchen with Mom sensing she wanted to talk to me. Ever since Sam brought Lianne up, she'd been awfully quiet, even during dinner she wasn't talking as she usually would.

“Oliver, I want you to tell me the truth, I promise I won't judge.” She started. “Who really is Lianne?”

I sighed knowing that that was exactly what was on her mind. “Mom, she is just a friend, nothing more.”

She obviously didn't believe me. “Then why are you going to see her in a hotel?”

“That was where she was staying, something happened to her and she had to get away from her home.”

“So you were the only one who could see her? What exactly happened?” She crossed her arms over her chest with an annoyed look.

“It really is not in my place to say but her ex-fiancé attacked her and Israel, Sam and I were the ones who helped. She looked so freaked out after and I just wanted to make sure she was okay.” I explained.

“I really want to believe you, Olly, but you have a...”

I cut her off. “Reputation, yes, I know.”

She sighed. “Your dad told me what you said. I'm really happy you want to settle down but the way you went about it was so wrong, I don't want the press to have any more reasons to call you a playboy.”

I went to sit at a bar stool and she took another. “Then what do you suggest I do?”

She shrugged slowly. “Wait. That's the only thing you can do. I know it sounds silly but you can't go around looking for love, it finds you. I'm sure if you're patient enough, the perfect girl would come your way.”

But how long would I have to wait? “Okay, then.”

She finally smiled and pulled me into a comforting hug. “Don't look so down, Olly, the wait might not even be that long.”