CH 13: Sports Festival Part 4: The Battle Intensifies, Conflicting Forces

Previously on Claws and Lightning...

The UA Sports Festival has entered the final event. The participants and audience are radiating with excitement and anticipation. The remaining participants are pitted against each other in one on one brawls. Before the battles began, Katsuki Bakugo approached (Y/N) Zeraora declaring that he will be the victor in their inevitable confrontation. Zeraora pays no mind to his words and walks away.

The first match consisted of Izuku Midoriya from hero course facing Hitoshi Shinso from general studies. Shinso used harsh words insulting Mashirao Ojiro's pride to provoke Midoriya into responding carelessly. Shinso's brainwashing took hold of Midoriya, despite Ojiro's prior warnings. Zeraora was unsurprised and wrote the fight off as Shinso's victory. However an unexpected miracle occurred, enabling Midoriya to break free and quickly remove his opponent from the bracket. The sudden miracle prompted Zeraora to confront Midoriya on the matter of his quirk.

From there Zeraora learns of One for All, a power to be transferred from one worthy possessor to another. Zeraora took the information rather causally, while at the same time grasping the importance of its secretive nature. He leaves Midoriya with a warning to exercise caution with this secret, as there aren't many people who share Zeraora's awareness of the dangers connected with this information. 

The one on one matches continues, with a one-sided massacre, a glorified advertisement, a shocking reveal, a large difference in skill, the pressure of expectations, a pseudo mirror match, and a large difference in power.

Eight contestants remains, as we enter the Quarter Finals, then after that... 

Four contestants in the Semi Finals.

The final match of round one had concluded, a five minute break was put up before advancing to the quarter finals. 

The young tiger was walking about, but then spotted his classmate Uraraka. She walked down the hall with her gaze fixed on the ground, looking dissatisfied and upset.

Even with the girl's usual cheerful nature, an event like what had transpired would still have affected her greatly.

'Feeling down, are we'? Zeraora spoke.

Uraraka jumped for a moment.

"Wha...? Oh hey Zeraora-chan! Didn't see you there". Uraraka giggles, trying to cover her dissatisfaction, but failing.

Zeraora sees through the façade.

'You can quit faking it Uraraka, I know you're upset.' Zeraora spoke bluntly.

"Whhaatt? Upset? What are you taking about? I'm more fired up ever"! Uraraka continues the act. 

She resumes giggling, but upon meeting Zeraora's stern glare she realizes the tiger is serious.

*SIGH*

"I guess it was really obvious, huh"? Uraraka ceased the façade.

'Very. And you trying to cover it was pretty painful to watch'. Zeraora bluntly pointed out.

"It's just, I thought I did everything right. I had that plan set up to counter him, to beat him". She grips her arm.

"But..."

'It wasn't enough. Bakugo's power was too much'. Zeraora cuts in.

Uraraka nods, tears began forming.