Chapter 18

"Philza I-"

The door clicked, the both of you watched as the knob twisted and the door slowly creaked open. Philzas eyes widened, he quickly tucked his wings back into his cape, moving to stand in front of you. When the door opened and let in the sunlight a little brown haired  with the biggest blue eyes you've ever seen trotted in with a broad smile across his face. 

"Hey Philza!!! I'm back!!" 

"Dad!! tubbos back!" 

Children cheered as they saw his smiling face. He walked up to Philza handing over some skewers he had bought. Philza happily took them and distributed them to the others. The boy's blue eyes peered over at you from behind Philza. 

"Who's that?" 

"Oh them? Thats uh…oh dear, I just realised I don't know your name" 

"It's y/n…" 

You looked over at the brown haired boy, noticing that he had small ram horns protruding from his fluffy hair he looked to be about 14 years old. He smiled at showing he had a tooth missing. Your eyes widened when you recognized him. 

"hey! I know you! You stole our money!" 

Philza gasped and gave Tubbo a stern look. 

"you stole again?! Wasn't the last time you got caught by guards enough?! What if they cut off your hands?" 

"I didn't get caught this time!" 

He takes out the satchel of coins and holds it out to Philza who takes it, handing it back to you. 

"I'm sorry about that, you must've lost your friend right? Tubbo helps them find whoever you stole this from and apologize. Or else young man" 

Tubbo huffed, taking your hand in his, leading you towards the backdoor.

"and remember y/n you really need to get out of sight as soon as you can! Witch hunters have tools to detect mana" 

"u-uh thank you!" 

 Tubbo took you to the back where kids were playing with crudely made wooden toys in the alley. He walked past them taking you back onto the bustling street. 

"so…kid, do you know where he is then?" 

"I'm not a kid, I'm almost 17!" 

"17?!…oh I'm so sorry" 

He sighed, getting embarrassed over his height. He led you through crowds of people, around corners until you saw a familiar pink haired man sitting by the side of the road. He had a solemn look on his face as he stared at the ground, you immediately recognized this place as being where you bought the skewers. 

You approached Techno standing a few feet in front of him. 

"Techno...?" 

He looked up, the fear in his eyes melted the moment he saw you, he looked so tired. As soon as he saw you he stood up.

"Sorry about disappearing I just-oof" 

He ran to you, giving you a bear hug and surprising you, he dug his head into your shoulder. You smiled awkwardly before hugging him back. 

"I thought I had gotten hurt...and I had failed to protect you...again" 

You sighed, shaking your head. 

"you didn't...I'm still here you baby" He sighed annoyed but relieved. He pulled away from you, realising that he was hugging you in the middle of a busy street, coughing to cover up his embarrassing actions.