.34. see him again

Dream walks into the diner right as my shift is ending.

"You ready?" he asks, just as he does every Thursday night.

"Yeah, one sec," I go to put my apron up.

Every Thursday Clay and I have a movie night. We usually do them at my apartment, but we've done some at his house when we know Nick won't be home.

It's not that I even have an issue with seeing Nick. It's truly over what happened between us. I'm happy now.

I just don't want to make him uncomfortable by being at his house.

"Want to go to my house for the movie?" Clay asks. I'm assuming it's because he has a bigger and better quality TV. "Nick won't get home till way later."

"Okay, sounds good." I shrug.

We watch a movie once we get home. Afterwards, Clay gets excited about a video coming out soon, so he drags me to his computer to watch it.

"What did you think?" he asks once it's finished.

"It was great," I say with a smile, "I mean the clutches were absolutely insane."

"I'm so excited," he says, practically jumping up and down, "I just want to post it already."

I roll my eyes as I stand to go get water, "You seriously can't wait one day to post it?"

"Of course I can," Clay sits up from his bed, "where are you going?"

"Water," I say as I leave the room.

I grab a glass from the fridge. I hear a noise from behind me. I jump and turn around to see what it was.

Nick is standing behind me with an unsure look on his face.

"Gosh you scared me, Nick," I say, trying to act normal. I want us to be able to be friends and forget about everything that's happened.

"Sorry," he chuckle uneasily, "I didn't know you were here, to be honest."

"Yeah, I was watching Clay's newest manhunt. We didn't hear you come in."

"Oh, okay," he nods, grabbing a bag of chips, "Well, I'm going back upstairs." He points up before turning around and leaving.

I sigh. That could've gone better.

I walk back into Clay's room with my water. "Do you think Nick and I will ever be friends again?" I ask him, plopping next to him on the bed.

"Yeah," he shrugs, "I don't see why not. It would make life a lot easier."

"You're probably right," I say.

We just need time. One day we can be back to being friends again.

.author's note.

i'm going to be posting short little chapters for this book to show updates on their lives.. the story will be complete in three days :)

alsoo quackity sequel comes out TOMORROW wooo

.word count.. 558