.37. airport drives

.y/n pov.

It's been six months and two weeks since Nick and I broke up. That's the same amount of time that we were together.

The day after our break up, I don't think I would believe someone if they were to tell me that I would be friends with Nick and Clay again. I just wouldn't have believed them.

Nick sits on the other side of the couch, "What is taking him so long?" he asks.

"He's pampering himself for George," I joke.

Nick rolls his eyes, "I swear, living with both of them is going to be really hard."

Nick and I are supposed to go pick George up from the airport. George is moving into their house today, and Clay is very excited.

He's planning on face revealing within the next week of him living here, so I think he's even more nervous for it all.

Clay comes out of his room, "Okay, you guys ready?" he asks.

"We've been ready for like ten minutes, dumbass," Nick jokes with him.

"Well his plane just landed, so you should go," Clay urges us out of the door.

"What do you think we were planning on doing?" I ask, walking towards the door.

Nick and I get in the car. Clay watches as we leave the street.

 As we drive, I remember almost a year ago when we took this same road to the airport. I remember him kissing me at this very stoplight.

What a dangerous driving habit.

I try to push the thoughts from my mind, but I couldn't help but notice the way Nick's hand rests facing up, as if it's waiting for someone to hold it.

I look out the window, trying to avoid it.

I know I have feelings for him again. I just don't know how he feels.

I also am unsure how I should feel after the break up. He hurt me, and I don't think I could forget that.

But we could get a chance to start over.

I try my best to push all the thoughts from my mind. I can't mess things up after we're doing so well.

The light is taking forever though.

"Long light," Nick says with an awkward laugh. I can tell we're both thinking the same thing.

The light finally changes. We listen to music in a comfortable quiet for the rest of the ride.

George is waiting whenever we get to the airport.

"Took you long enough," he says as he opens the door.

"Whatever," Nick says, getting out of the car to give him a hug, "I blame Dream."

We all catch up on the ride back to the house. Dream is practically jumping up and down whenever we get there.

I hang out for a little bit. I sit on the floor by Nick's feet while Dream and George talk about the big move and announcement.

"I'm hungry," Nick mumbles after a while.

"Me too," I whisper back.

"We should leave these two and go get food," he says with mischievous smile.

"I agree," I say, "let's go."

I'm not sure the boys even realized we left.

.author's note.

tomorrow is going to be a mass post of the rest of the chapters!

quackity sequel is out now!!!

.word count.. 547