.39. my person

.one year, six months and two weeks later.

Nick drives the car with one hand on my knee, the other on the wheel.

I smile as we listen to music.

I'm absolutely in love with Nick. He makes me feel so safe and comfortable in my own skin. He makes my life feel worth living. I haven't ever been happier than I am right now.

I want to feel this way forever.

I want to be with Nick for forever.

I've already decided that a long time ago. I think Nick is my person. I just love him with everything in my heart, every bit and piece of him.

"We should get married one day," I blurt out as the song changes..

Nick nods his head to the music as it starts. "Okay, let's do it."

I pause for a moment. That wasn't the answer that I thought I would get. "What? Seriously?"

"Yeah," he shrugs, "I love you and I want to be with you. So let's get married."

"Hold on, hold on," I say, sitting up straighter, "pull over."

He pulls over into the next parking lot possible, which coincidentally is a Steak and Shake.

"Okay, Nick," I say, looking him in the eyes. I search them for any trace of doubt. I don't want to do this if either of us is unsure. "Are you being serious?"

"Listen y/n," he says, holding both my hands, "I know from the bottom of my heart that I want to marry you. It doesn't have to be today or tomorrow. Heck, it could be forty years from now. I just know that I would be happy knowing you would marry me eventually."

I smile. I want to marry him. I really do. I want to marry him as soon as possible. I know he's my future. I want to spend the rest of my life with Nick.

"Okay, let's do it," I say.

"Right now?" he asks.

"I mean, I'm ready when you are," I shrug, "And if you're ready now, then why wait?"

"Okay, let's get married, y/n," Nick says, then he pauses for a second before saying, "but I don't think we should tell people right away. The public I mean."

I nod. The fans know that Nick and I are dating now, but we keep our relationship as private as possible. "Only close family and friends."

"Okay, then it's a plan. Let's get married." He goes to put the car in drive before he stops. "Shoot, we need a witness. You need one to get married at the court house I think."

I give him a smile. "I know just who to call."

We wait as the phone rings, "Hello?"

"Hey, we need a favor to ask you," I blurt out, "You're on speaker with Nick by the way."

"Well hello to you too, y/n," Clay chuckles, "What do you need? George is here too."

I look up at Nick and smile. Perfect.

"Can you guys keep a secret?" I ask.

.word count. 504