twenty-four

Edlyn blushed as she walked slowly to the bedroom. She thought about Jake's face leaning in to kiss her. She turned around and grabbed him by the collar, "Why are you following me?!"

"I was just...going to my room..." he muttered. She pushed him away and cleared her throat, "Forgot about that."

She watched him open the door and follow from behind, walking towards the couch. "You can go shower first," she said shyly. He scoffed, "I wasn't going to ask you to go first. Of course, I'm going first."

He locked the bathroom door. She looked at the door in disbelief, clenching her fists. Just now he was caring and concerned about me but now he's acting like a jerk again.

His phone beeped and looked at it, "Probably his friend or something."

Her eyes widened when she saw Sorin's name on the screen. She texted: Miss you already. I hope you're here with me. We could eat dinner together and talk about something. Just ignore that wife of yours.

She scoffed and wanted to delete the texts but didn't know the password to open his phone. "Ignore that wife of yours? I didn't even want to marry him or be with him. You can have him all to yourself," she snapped and folded her arms out of annoyance.

She glared at the bed and messed up the pillows and blanket, "That's what you get for being a jerk! Ugh, just seeing him makes me annoyed!"

"What are you doing?" She jumped in shock before turning around, seeing Jake leaning against the wall. He folded his arms as he looked at her up and down. There was only a towel wrapped around his waist, revealing his muscles and abs.

"I was just..." she stuttered and looked away before grabbing a pillow as a weapon, "Don't come near me!"

He rushed towards her and snatched the pillow before pushing her on the bed, pinning her, "I spent minutes tidying my bed and you just messed it up in a few seconds? Park Edlyn, what kind of punishment do you want?"

"Punishment?!" She pushed him away and fixed her hair, "Yah! Don't say that! Even though I'm your wife, it doesn't mean you can say that to me!"

He smirked and sat on the bed, "Then, who should I say it to?"

"Sorin or...your future partner?"

"Ah, I see what this is about. Are you jealous that I'm dating Sorin?" He approached her slowly. She held his chest to stop him from coming any closer, "Stop, you're too close."

He looked at her deeply, holding her hand, "You do realise you're touching my chest, right?"

She pulled away before smacking his head, "Don't ever do that again!"

She quickly grabbed her towel and scurried towards the bathroom, locking the door. He laughed and sat back down on the bed before checking his phone. He noticed Sorin's text messages, is that why she was acting like that?

Guests kept coming in, greeting Mrs Sim. Mr Sim was having fun talking with his friends. Children were playing outside in the backyard. Edlyn linked arms with Jake as he brought her around the house to greet the guests for the first time.

"You have such a beautiful wife, Jake," his aunt complimented. "I know. He's lucky," Edlyn answered and laughed with the older woman but stopped when she looked at her husband who was glaring at her.

A man came and greeted them before holding her hand, "Park Edlyn, the daughter of a hospital director! Since we're close now, can you give me a discount whenever I go to that hospital?" He laughed. She chuckled nervously and Jake pushed the man's hand away from hers, "Uncle, you might have to ask her father about that."

She frowned when the man left them, why are his relatives so annoying? Does that old man think we would give him a discount? We're not charity. He could just go to another hospital.

She let go of her husband's hand and went outside. Her eyes widened when she saw how many children there were playing in the backyard. Mr Sim approached her, "It's great to have the house as lively as this again."

She nodded slowly and grimaced, seeing a kid's clothes dirty from falling on the ground. "It's very loud here," she smiled awkwardly.

"I know this is not the type of party you always have with wines and dresses. But I like this type of party. I hope you respect that. And even though you don't like it, please keep smiling," he begged before leaving her. She frowned and folded her arms, feeling annoyed.