forty four

~~~

~~~

"yeah they're a bunch of fancy people. they've had three governors in the family. they've run Charleston for, like, 300 years." Kiara explained as she looked up the history on the Limbrey's.

"these Kooks make our Kooks look like Pogues." JJ said as they pulled up to the huge house.

"i can already see the look on Topper's face." Caroline said leaning over looking at the house.

"i'd love to see his reaction," JJ muttered, "you sure this the place, Pope?" he asked.

"pretty sure." Pope responded.

"all right." JJ opened the door as the four climbed out the truck, "fat city, for sure."

the four climbed out of the truck looking up at the huge mansion examining closely, and to be honest it seemed a bit creepy, but it didn't beat Mrs. Crain's house at all.

"twenty-seven King Street." Pope held up the letter checking to see if the address was right.

JJ and Caroline approached the gate looking through, "talk about home security." JJ said.

they all looked up seeing the spikes over the gate, "are those spikes to keep people out?"

"no." Kiara shook her head.

"the slave quarters are over there. these spikes were to keep people in." Pope looked at the three.

"so how are we getting in? because it looks locked." Caroline reached her hand out pulling the gate as it opened, "never mind."

the Pogues laughed walking in taking a quick look around the place until they went to the front door as Pope knocked on the handle.

"that's not creepy." Caroline muttered hearing the echo.

"you think that was too much?" Pope asked his friends.

"it echoed the entire house. that's for sure. so they definitely heard it."JJ spoke.

"maybe nobody's home." Kiara's voice shook lightly.

"i really hope nobody's home." Caroline added.

Pope knocked again a bit harder as the door opened making the four Pogues back up. the man leaned against the door looking at four closely more at Caroline who clutched onto JJ tightly then onto Pope.