16

A shiver woke him from his nap. Frowning at the empty room, his sleepy jewel blue eyes sought for the familiar form of his sister to no avail. Huffing, he realized that she had ran off once more. 'Probably not that long ago if I only woke up now'.

Sliding off his bed, he shrugged on a lose baby blue blouse over the white top he wore to sleep. Not bothering to change the lose white pants, he donned on his favorite gladiator-type sandals before silently leaving the room. 

Pausing at the quiet hallway, feeling an unfamiliar sense of unease, a sigh escaped his lips. 'Is Athy lost again?' he wondered.

It was easy slipping out of the Ruby Palace, heavens knows how much he's done it for his nap excursions in this life. Entering the surrounding forest, he allowed himself to enjoy the refreshing breeze.

The rustling of leaves shook him out of his peaceful state. And his blue jewel eyes met familiar ruby red eyes of a black-haired young adult.

The young prince wasn't fazed.

"Huh? Another one?"

'Another one, huh? Does that mean he met Athy again?' he thought curiously.

"Who are you?" Adrastos decided to ask after a long moment of silence.

The man's black brow arched, an amused smile playing on his lips, "did you really mean to ask that, brat?"

Feeling irked, Adrastos decided this wizard wasn't worth his time and turned to leave. But before he could, he suddenly felt his feet leaving the ground, and was instead staring at the curious face of the man he met.

"You look like the little blonde child I met awhile ago." He hummed, red eyes glowing, a smirk painted on his face, "this is quite amusing"

The man released his hold on him. Falling on the ground, Adrastos hissed— although it was more annoyance than the pain he felt, as he managed to slow down his fall just in time with his mana manipulation.

"Oh? This little royal could use his mana, huh?"

Freezing, only did he realized that he used his Mana on a reaction-basis. Glancing at the man, the prince clicked his tongue. "So?"

"Ah, so you can talk"

"And if I can, what are you gonna do about it?"

For a moment, the two stared. Ruby red clashed against jeweled blue. 'Was it because of this man that I felt Noona's uneasiness?'

The sudden outburst of laugh made Adrastos jump. Staring incredulously towards the guffawing man, it took three seconds for the prince to decide to leave. But once again, before he could, he felt his body involuntarily halt.

An annoyed sigh escaped him, feeling a wave of tiredness envelop him, 'It's as if someone stole all my remaining energy' .

Narrowing his gaze at the familiar unknown man, the prince frowned, "can you please stop preventing me from leaving? I can tell you don't even want me here"

"Who said that? I find you interesting" there was a weird tone with the man's voice.

It was enough to send a shiver down the young royal's back. Adrastos gave a bitter stare, eyes boring how much he repulsed the idea, as the man plopped on the floor, resting his chin on his fist.

It annoyed Ardy that even when the wizard sat, the prince was still smaller. Really annoyed him.

"What's your name?"

Surprised at the normal question, Adrastos huffed, snipping back a haughty "Why do you want to know?" 

The loud guffaw in return only made Adrastos more irritated.