Chapter 33: someone came to visit

***

***

Her eyes laid wide open, staring into the bland details of the canopy. The night passed quickly, he didn't return. The hundreds of scenarios passing through her head sting her more with every skipping hours.

Serenity thought the night was suddenly cold. She shivered, tightening the duvet around herself. The burning jealousy of her heart contradicted with the cold pricks on her skin. She sighed and changed her position.

The dawn was breaking, she was worn out.

She likes him.

And it was her first time, budding a romantic feeling for a boy.

Insecurities, confusions, bewilderment, anxiety, fear...

All sorts of emotions pouring down together in once, it had left chaos in her.
But the main question troubling and shooing her sleep away was whether the moon of her life like her back.

Alessandro was always caring and kind and sweet to her but what if she was mistaking her chivalry for something deeper.

He never confessed anything.

What was she to him?

Serenity refused to believe that she was a mere keep to him.

She had spent so much time with him. His forehead kisses, his warm hugs, the way his eyes softens when he calls her love or the rare laughter that was blessed only for her ears.

Nobody can convince her that it meant nothing, not even Alessandro.

She sat up instantly, firm and resolute with her decision. She won't run her brain and invite the pimples from over thinking.

Alessandro had told her once that if she had anything in mind, to come to him straight. Every time she turn away from him, she had only landed in trouble and trouble and trouble. She needed to trust him. After all, nowadays, one shouldn't just believe what their eyes see.