Chapter 07

Elly

It was the weekend and I was at the laboratory doing my usual stuff. The laboratory was built in the hospital premises in a separated building as per mom's request.

So it was supposed to be normal peaceful day but unexpected happened. The head nurse mindlinked hospital staff sending an emergency message.

'Rogues had attacked our pack warriors who were training our boys. They suspect rogues had wolfsbane in their claws'

It was not a surprise to hear that. Rogues these days used wolfsbane to weaken their enemies. It wasn't harmful until you get it inside your body. Since the poison slowed down the healing process, If you get a deep cut with wolfsbane, it had to be stitched and would take days to heal.

That was why my mom created a medicine to quicken the healing process and she reduced it to few hours.

After that I started to work on it and made its success rate ninty eight precent and you would be able to heal without stitches. Eventhough clinical tests were successful and had no side effects, I wanted to reduce the time it took to heal.

I ran out the building and was on my way towards the hospital when Ian, our future Beta, sent out a message. He said,

'Alpha Drake is dying. He needs his mate by his side to save him. Only our Luna can come to the hospital. Others don't visit. That's an order'

I froze on the spot and my heart ached with pain. He was dying?!

I ran towards the building and entered it. But before I was about to run towards the wards, to go to him, I stopped in my tracks. What did he say? I repeated his words again.

He was dying and they needed me by his side to save him?

I snickered. Really! did they just try to pull out a prank on me? I had to admit, they were half successful, but I was studying to be a doctor. Unfortunately nobody could save a dying wolf, not even his mate. If there was a doctor with them, he would have corrected them and Alpha Anderson would be the one to send the message. That meant they were okay. At least Ian should have sent the message saying, he needed to see me. Then they had won this game already.  

But I was smarter than them.

'Mom!, where's dad?..... and Roy?... are they okay?' I mindlinked her.

'Yes honey, they are okay! Don't worry. Roy is in the ward with other boys. And I'm taking care of your father' She answered.

'Okay!' I said. I walked in to the emergency room where others were getting treated. No serious injuries but there were at least ten adult warriors. They were so busy and I stood on the side watching them.

I wanted to check on Drake and see how he was doing? But I couldn't walk in without making them suspect me since they were actually waiting for me, his mate.

"Oh! Honey there you are?" That was the head nurse. "Could you please go and take care of boys in the other ward. We are so busy here. They only have few scratches but someone needed to treat them. I'll give you a girl to help you" She said.

"Yes, of course" I smiled. Why would I miss this chance to see their defeated faces.

A girl followed me to the ward and she said, she would just help me since she didn't have any experience before. I didn't mind. Usually I treated children and some adults with minor injuries, so this was my first time treating our pack boys too.

My heart started to beat so loudly and I took deep breaths to calmed it down. What would be their first impressions?

I entered the ward with the girl following behind me. There were ten boys including Roy, Ian and Drake. And Claire was there too. They all had a very shocked expression on their faces but Claire was the first one to break the silence.

"Elly, what are you doing here? Are you.....?"

"No!" I waved my hand. "I'm here to treat them" I gestured the girl to put the medical stuff on nearby bed. I put on my gloves.

"Roy! you are first" I said.

"Wow sis! You look like a real doctor" Roy smiled with a proud face. I looked at myself to see my white lab coat. I smiled back. "I will be Roy, in a few years" I said. I saw how others looked at me or watched me when I treated them since that was their first time seeing me like this. But I couldn't read Drake's emotions. Was it love, hurt or disappointment? I couldn't figure it out.

Because of wolfsbane non of them healed properly except Drake. Looked like small amount of wolfsbane couldn't harm his alpha blood. But that wasn't the case for others. I had to clean up wolfsbane from their skin eventhough it was a little.

"I thought you hate us" Lucas, one of Drake's friends said.

"Well I can't choose my patients. Can I?" I said.

I finished my treatments and was about leave, when they brought a boy in to the ward. He had a cut on his side and it was deep. They should have taken him to the operating room not here.

"He was the first one to get attacked but they found him now" Mom walked in with our Alpha, Beta and dad.

"Mom! What are you doing? You have to operate on him" I said in disbelief. We bowed to our Alpha and other elders and they made their way towards the bed the boy was lying.  Everyone gathered around him including boys who were there. What was Mom thinking? And why Alpha and Beta interested in this boy?