102 | green monster

A/N: Don't you just love jealous fictional men?

-

ONE HUNDRED TWO. GF-FORHIRE

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

━━━━┅━━━┅━━━━

"I'M NOT A GERMAPHOBE." Kiyoomi Sakusa admitted as he walked alongside Ymari Seinaru, after the girl asked about his antibacterial fixation.

The two were on the way to Toki's, where she often took her peers to for late lunch, and where she'd coincidentally had a lot of unexpected encounters in. Since she hasn't eaten lunch yet, Sakusa offered to treat her out to any place she'd like. Not at all fazed or weirded out by the offer – that was totally part of Komori's plan of helping the rookie be a veteran at homewrecking, by the way – she told him where she wanted to go.

For some odd reason, the two were having some kind of normal conversation right now. Sans the fact that the topic included bacteria, it was incredibly ordinary.

Seinaru snorts as she glances at the tall boy with ink colored hair. "I find that hard to believe."

"But you may be correct." She continues, looking ahead. "It may just be a genuine distaste for contamination – mysophobia."

Sakusa hums in agreement. "So I've been told."

"I still have regular shots at the hospital though." Sakusa continues his spiel as they arrived at Toki's. He held the door open for Seinaru, to which she responded with a court nod of thanks. "Which, by the way, I'd like to ask – you visited a few weeks ago around the same time I did, right?"

Seinaru blinked at him as they found an empty booth near the back. It wasn't as crowded as usual, probably since it was already half past one in the afternoon.

"So my hunch was right – you did recognize me." She hummed. "And yes, I did."

"What for?" He asks why she was there, not even prodding why she was with Bokuto or was wearing some type of cosplay-cum-disguise.

"I had a fever." She shrugged. "I was practically a walking virus during those days."

She expected him to shiver in disgust at the fact that she walked around with a fever and risked the contamination of volleyball athletes for some reason. However, she was slightly taken aback when she glanced up and saw that Sakusa surprisingly didn't have an irked expression on face. In fact, he looked concerned.

"Was it severe?" He asked, obsidian eyes assessing her through his long thick lashes.

She shook her head no. "Not really. It was just caused by fatigue and burnout."

"Burnout takes a huge toll on people, athletes most especially, but the extent of a virus because of it is dangerous." Sakusa looks at her with concern swimming in his jet-black orbs. His lips were downturned in disapproval and something she could only decipher as empathy. "You should remember to rest more."