seven

"Green is coming, they're almost- THEYRE HERE ROSE HELP"

"I'm trying I-" she got hit into the void as Tommy slammed his hands against his desk. "Sorry I really suck."

"No it's okay, you're actually getting better." He sounded tired, but was trying hard to be nice. He wanted to make sure she knew he was her friend before he started making jokes at her, so he suggested they play bedwars together. Neither were streaming, but she had scolded Tommy for cursing multiple times.

She sighed and leaned back in her chair, "I'm never gonna get better."

"No, you are. It just takes practice." He encouraged her, "Let's play another round."

"Can I just watch you play this one? I'm kinda done."

"Alright, but you are doing better. Don't give up."

"Okay," she pulled her knees to her chest as she quietly watched him play, "so Tommy."

"Yes Rose?"

"Did you drop out of school like Toby?"

"No, I'm smart and I'm in college."

"You're not in college-"

"College here is 16-19."

"Ohhh,"

"Yeah, it's cool, I'm learning film and stuff."

"Cool!"

"Are you in college or- high school?"

"Sort of, I'm homeschooled because I live so far from everything."

"You like it?"

"Yeah- blue is coming."

"I see 'em"

"I love being so far from everything because it's so beautiful, but sometimes it gets boring when the only people I interact with are my dad and 6 year old brother."

"Is that why you started streaming?"

"Yeah, and that's why I'm so thankful for Toby, he's been really kind to me, he's my first friend since- well I guess ever."

He's quiet for a moment, "Do you like him?"

"Of course- oh you mean more than a friend. No, I mean I've known him for a little over a week, but I really only see us as friends." He mumbled some curse words as he got killed, losing. "You're really good Tommy."

"Practice Rose, practice." He stopped sharing his screen as he closed out of Minecraft and turning off his computer. Rose doing the same.

"I'm streaming later this week with Tubbo if you want to join us. I was thinking of playing some Minecraft."

"Yeah sounds good." He paused for a moment, "are you okay with me making jokes? It's just a bit that I get women and I hate Americans. If you're not I won't-"

"No it's okay," she smiled, thankful for him even asking her, "I know they're just jokes now. And you don't actually hate Americans."

"Well-" he dragged off.

"Tommy," she laughed.

"You're all oo freedom and taxes and bullsh- and crap."

"And you're all tea and crumpets and the queen."

"DONT DISS THE QUEEN." He yelled making her burst into a fit of laughter. There was a soft knock at the door and she composed herself telling her dad to come in.

"Are you streaming hun?"

"No I'm just talking with Tommy."

"Tommy?"

"He's Tubbo's friend."

"Oh right. Well dinner's ready."

"I'll be down in a sec." He closed the door behind him.

"You heard the man, dinner time Tommy."

"Alright, want to practice again tomorrow?"

"Sure!"

She was about to hang up but he stopped her, "Uh, could I get your number too? It's just easier than discord."

"Right, it's (XXX) XXX-XXXX."

"Cool, I'll text you when I get on."

"Alright, see you then. Bye." She left the call and went down for dinner. Tommy wasn't all that bad once he stopped trying so hard.