XXVIII. Escape

Slowly opening my eyes, letting it adjust to the surroundings, I was inside the room. Exhaling a breath as I wander my eyes around, noticing someone beside me, sleeping and holding my hand.

Looking above the ceiling, thinking about my dream.

'Conquer your fear and weaknesses. You're not alone anymore. You have them, always by your side.'

"Conquer my fear." I mumbled, hearing someone groan.

"Elisha." Hearing Peter's voice, as I obliviously smiled.

"Peter." I muttered as he quickly lifted his head, looking at me with wide eyes.

"You're awake." He said, disbelievingly, giggling at his reaction, reaching out my other hand and softly caressing his face.

"I am." I said and seconds later, my eyes widened, feeling his lips on mine, my breath hitched as he broke the kiss, placed his hand on my face, looking at him, seeing different emotions dancing in his eyes.

His eyes widened realizing what he just did, "I-uhm... I'm sorry... But I don't regret... Oh, God. I just... it's just you're awake and I'm so happy." He said, stuttering and noticing how he blushed.

Smiling at him as I grabbed his arm and kissed him, feeling something drop on my cheeks, breaking off the kiss, seeing Peter cried and tightly hugged me.

"I was so worried. We are so worried after your father kidnapped you." He mumbled, laying beside me and pulled me closer to him.

"I can't afford to lose you. You're my soulmate and I failed to protect you." He added, looking at him as I gently placed my hand on his face and wiped his tear soaked cheeks.

Our eyes met, leaning forward and placing a kiss on his forehead, "You didn't do anything wrong, baby." I said, "It's all my fault." I added as he shook his head.

"I'm not strong enough to be your soulmate and protect you." He replied.

"Oh, ma moitié. Even if you're weak or strong, you will always be my soulmate." I said, looking directly in his eyes as he nodded his head.

Smiling at him, placing a kiss on his cheeks, "You won't leave me, right?" He asked, looking at me with a pleading look, nodding my head.

"I won't, baby." I replied as he hugged me.

"Even if you will, I will find you everywhere and anywhere." He said, giggling at what he said, "I'm serious." He added, looking at me with seriousness.

"Are you sure that you can find me?" I teased, my eyes widened as he leaned forward with our lips centimeters apart.

"I won't let you go this time, babe. I will protect and love you with all my heart. You have my word, Elisha." He replied and placed a kiss on my lips.

"How old are you again?" I asked.

"Even if I'm younger than you and awkward at times, I'm still your soulmate and I know how to say and do things." He replied, raising my eyebrow and smirked.

"How come you're here and not at school right now." I said as he averted his eyes.

"I wanted to stay by your side until you wake up." He replied, shyly.

"Where is everyone?" I asked.

"I told Jarvis not to tell them if you wake up so that I can have more time with you." He answered, his blushed deepened.

"Sneaky spider." I mumbled, hearing him chuckle at what I said, "Tony's going to be mad at you." I said.

"I know. I just want to have you all by myself for a while." He replied as I nodded my head.