𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗻𝗲

𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺

𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗺𝗼𝗼𝗻: 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗿𝗺

MAYBE IF THE NIGHT HAD started differently it would have ended differently but fate has a strange was of controlling the future.

Alice Cullen dragged Bella Swan down the steps of the Cullens living room as the family gathered to celebrate Bella's birthday.

Aimee Hale-Cullen strolled behind the two with an amused smile. "Sorry about all this, Bella. We tried to rein Alice in." Carlisle apologises with a smile.

"No, no it's lovely" Bella nods. "Come on, as if it would be possible to rein Alice in. Happy birthday, Bells" Esme greets with a hug.

Alice takes a photo, causing Bella to look at her with confusion, noticing that it was her camera.

"I found it in your bag. Mind?" Alice asks. "No".

"Dating an older women, Aims. Hot" Emmett jokes towards Aimee who shakes her head with an amused glint in her eyes.

"You first Rosalie" Alice says, handing the blonde vampire a wrapped box. Rosalie takes it and sticks it out towards Bella.

"It's a necklace, Alice picked it out" she mutters. "Thanks, Rosalie" Bella replies sheepishly.

Alice clears her throat and passes Bella another gift. "This is from Emmett".

Bella shakes it to hear that it's empty. "Already installed it in your truck. Finally a decent sound system for that piece of-" Emmett begins but is cut off.

"Hey don't hate the truck!".

"Come on, Love. He's not wrong" Aimee jokes, earning laughs from around the room. Bella joined in, she was beginning to feel welcome with the Cullen clan.

"Open Esme and Carlisle's" Alice practically demands. "Just a little something to brighten your day" Carlisle jokes.

"Yes you've been looking kind of pale lately" Esme joins in. The two had gotten her tickets to go to Jacksonville with Aimee.

Before Bella could even see what she received she cut her finger along the sharp paper. "Paper cut" she mutters, seeing the blood.

Suddenly she realises where she is and looks up. Her eyes widen as she notices all the vampires in the room watching her intensely.

Aimee noticed her brother pounce towards Bella. She throws her backwards in order to put distance between the two.

When she hears Bella grunt in pain her face softens, realising she hurt her. "Jas no!" Aimee yells. She pushes him across the room.

Carlisle and Emmet hold him back as Alice begins to calm him. "Hey it's okay, it's just a little blood" although she smells it and becomes hungry as well.

The vampires leave as Carlisle goes to help Bella. Aimee stands there, guilt and sadness written all over her face.

"Check on your brother. I'm sure he's very upset with himself, and I doubt he'll listen to anyone but you right now" Carlisle instructs towards Aimee, noticing the painful look on her face.

When Aimee doesn't move he straightens up slightly "Aimee." he demands, strictly.

Slowly, Aimee walks out the room. When she enters the hall she slumps down to the floor, her back grazing the wall.

Her head falls in her hands as she realises the pain she's put Bella through. "It's not your fault" Emmett says lightly, sitting on the left of Aimee on the floor.

"It is. We can pretend that it isn't, but it is. She wouldn't be here if it wasn't for me" Aimee argues, her voice cracking.

Emmett puts his arm around Aimee's shoulders and pulls her into a hug. "She chose this life. She chose to be with you. It's. Not. Your. Fault." He repeats.

She feels someone on her right and turns to see Jasper. "I'm sorry" he mutters, ashamed.

"It's fine. It's not your doing, I shouldn't have got her involved in this lifestyle." Aimee whispers.

"I'm going to have to leave." She realises. "She's not safe with me. She deserves to grow old, have kids and die of old age" Aimee mutters.

"Aimee, you deserve this happiness you receive when your with her" Emmett smiles. Aimee looks down and smiles.

"I love her but I can't take that away from her".

|______________|

Later that evening Aimee drives Bella home. "You can't protect me. From everything. At some point, somethings going to separate us, it's gonna to be an accident or an illness, or old age. As long as I'm human. And the only solution is to change me." Bella explains as the stand beside Aimee's bike.

"That's not a solution, Bella. That's a tragedy."

"You're not gonna want me when I look like a grandmother."

"Bella, do you not understand my feeling for you at all?" Aimee asks, seriously. "Carlisle told me how you feel about your soul. I don't believe that. So don't worry about mine." Bella says with caution.

Aimee believed that once you turned into a vampire you lost a little bit of your soul until you became a monster.

"I think you should go inside now, love" Aimee whispers. Bella begins to walk inside but turns back towards the vampire.

"It's still my birthday. So can I ask one thing?" Bella asks. Aimee nods slowly. "Kiss me" Bella asks.

Aimee almost lost it. Her heart broke. She knew this could be the last time she would kiss Bella and it was like the human knew that too.

Aimee slowly leant in and gently cupped Bella neck and began to kiss her. The vampire leant back as Bella needed air.

She began to pepper kisses across Bella's face. She gently kissed her ear, her nose, then her eye, then her lips and her forehead.

"I love you" Bella whispers.

"I love you".

|______________|