Together

Harper

Snowflakes started falling as we skated together. I grinned up at the sky and watched them fall to the ground.

A cold gush of wind breezed passed us and this moment couldn't be any more perfect.

After hours of skating together and me falling, we finally got out of the skating rink. More and more people started showing up, meaning we got lucky.

We sat on the benches and took of our skates. He brought them back to the rack.

He was so sweet, opposite to how he was yesterday when he got that phone call. This was I side of him I knew I'd do anything to keep around. I loved it.

"What's next baby?"

"You'll see." he rolled his pretty eyes. We walked down the busy sidewalk, watching as cars drove by. He grabbed my hand and my heart leaped.

I smiled to myself as we crossed the road. I quickly spotted the restaurant and led him inside.

"We're here," I stated. And as he looked around the place, I felt nervous. What if he doesn't like it?

Maybe I'm too broke for him. Yeah probably.

To my surprise, a really small smile tugged at his lips. I instantly felt relieved. Walking further inside, we found a table and sat down.

"So, what do you think?" I asked, shrugging off my jacket and putting it around my chair.

"It's nice." Now from anyone else, that would sound very dry and you know rude but coming from him, it was a compliment. He rarely ever said that.

I grinned, handing him the menu. "You've been here before?" he questioned.

I nodded. "A few times. You should try the medium plate. I'm getting that." It consisted of fancy avocado toast, fries and a side of pasta salad. Truly the best.

"Okay." A waitress came by and took our orders then placed two glasses of iced lemon water on the table and left.

Meanwhile, we talked about random things. He brought up some things we used to do when we were younger, I listened intently.

"You know, we used to go skating a lot." he said. I honestly wasn't surprised, at this point.

"Downtown?"

"Yeah." I beamed.

"I think remember doing that with you."

"You do?"

"Yeah. My mom filmed it and showed me once. I kept falling. The little boy in the video was you."he seemed surprised, relieved even.

Now that I think if it, I don't understand why I didn't recognize him. My mom showed me so many videos and random pictures of young me and Ace. I just never connected the dots or payed much attention towards it.

"You pushed me." he stated. I bursted out laughing.

"Because you pushed me first." I blurted. Something flashed in his eyes.

"You remember?"

The memory flashed in my mind for a brief second. Something about us going my there today made it resurface for some reason.

Even the most simplest and most random of things.

Certain things could trigger those memories to resurface. Spending time with him could cause that. Miranda's words echoed in my mind. While the memory was distant, it felt like it was getting clearer and clearer, somewhat.