33

Navy wasn't able to comprehend what she saw. She couldn't believe it. Didn't want to.

Not because she felt any type of loyalty towards Olivia, she didn't. That girl had proven herself to treat Draco more than badly, which turned her expendable to Navy. She didn't empathize at all with her and her cruel actions, but for Malfoy's sake.

Navy didn't want to believe that what she'd witnessed was true because she cared for him. Even if it was arranged, leaving him with no choice to decide whether he married Olivia or not, she still felt so bad.

So incredibly bad.

She needed to stop it.

Taking rushed steps out of the elevator, adrenaline rushed through her veins. She was furious, mad, heartbroken that someone would do this to him.

Draco Malfoy was a lot of things, she believed, but even if he was, he didn't deserve this.

That blond nightmare was a lot, more than it. She'd know. She did know.

She'd spent most of their time in school hating him, despising him and everything his smug self stood for. She hated herself for cheating on Theodore with him, for going to the Malfoy Manor that night, and for sleeping with him to revenge her boyfriend's actions.

She'd fought him afterwards, cursed him for coming into her life and crawling underneath her skin, for making her so dependent on him, for making her care so much about him, for caring about her, for saving her from the war and for leaving her, for loving him.

Navy hated herself for loving him. She hated him more for making her love him.

She'd spent two and a half years damning him for what he'd done, but she realized at this moment, as she walked up to that door she'd seen his fiancé sneak into with another man — that she never stopped.

She thought she did. She wished she did. She tried to convince herself that she did, but even after years of not seeing each other, not hearing his name being spoken, she indeed still loved him.

Navy loved Draco more than she would ever admit to.

She never stopped, and that was the reason she needed to stop this.

Halting abruptly outside the door, she drew a breath. Deeper than she'd ever inhaled before, and her fist roughly struck the door. Over and over, again and again, until the moans coming from inside it hushed. Voices began to mumble in its place, and steps mirrored behind that door.

The handle twitched, and a man opened, standing with nothing but a sheet covering his waist.

Her eyes narrowed. He looked terrified, shocked that a stranger had pounded on his door at this hour.

"Where is she?" Navy asked harshly. Her skin was red and pale at the same time. It was as if she couldn't decide if she was meant to be angry or sad, so the feelings ripping through her worse than lighting kept battling each other.

He gulped, shaking his head. Dark strands fell over his damp forehead, claw marks and love bites covered his chest, "Who?" He let out quietly. Slightly shoving the door shut. He didn't want her to see more into that room than she needed to, "It's just me here."

Anger took over the sorrow, and she pushed him back, storming into the room.

Empty.

She blinked tremblingly. Nothing. The sheets were tossed around, the bed stood chaotic, but there wasn't a sign of Olivia.

Thinking that she'd gone mental. That Draco's unexpected return into her life just a few days before, and everything happening between them since, had made her go absolutely crazy, that her mind played wicked tricks on her.