🖤💖Nightmare- Chenren

Request by: scftjonah

You asked for more chenren so i just wrote this short little thing, i hope you like it!

Chenle was happily playing a video game in his room. it was quite late but chenle never needed more than three hours of sleep to feel energized.

He had his headphones on so he wouldn't wake the others with the loud volume.

As he was playing, he suddenly heard a noise through his headphones. He brushed it off at first convinced everyone was asleep, but he heard it again and knew something was wrong.

He swiftly removed his headphones and listened silently waiting to hear the noise.

Within seconds, the sounds coming through the wall filled his ears and he was on his feet instantly.

The noise sounded like someone was crying, heavy breathing and whimpers filling the air.

Chenle threw down his headphones and rushed into the hall hearing the noise get louder. He ran down the hall and heard the noise coming from renjun's room. he knocked on the door softly, worry filling his body.

"Renjun? It's chenle, are you okay?" he asked softly.

The noise didn't stop, and he received no answer.

He knocked harder.

"Hyung? I'm getting worried, can you please open the door?"

Still no avail.

Chenle gripped the doorknob hoping it wasn't locked.

"Hyung, I'm coming in okay?" chenle warned before he burst through the door expecting to see Renjun curled up on the floor or something but was shocked to find him still asleep.

He was squirming around the bed his hands gripping the sheets. He had a pained expression on his face, slow tears rolling down his cheeks, his teeth clenched.

Chenle rushed over to Renjun, he sat next to him slowly shaking his shoulders.

"Hyung? Hyung wake up please." Chenle pleaded as he continued o gently shake the boy.

Renjun was so deep in his sleep he didn't hear chenle.

Chenle sighed frustrated.

"Okay, okay it's alright Jun-ah." Chenle said as wrapped his arms under renjun's body and lifted him into a sitting position and holding him securely. He felt Renjun twist around in his grip, his hands pushing him away as he cried out miserably in his sleep.

"Come on Renjun-ah, please wake up for me, wake up hyung." Chenle begged as he shook the by gently.

After a few minutes of calling out to Renjun, the older's eyes shot open, his eyes wide and red. He whipped his head around confused about his surroundings.

"Hey, hey, hey, hyung it's okay, I'm right here, you're safe." Chenle cooed softly as he stroked renjun's arms.

Renjun was breathing quickly, his heartbeat fast.

"Jun-ah calm down, take a deep breath for me." chenle said gently keeping Renjun in his arms.

Renjun finally met chenle's eyes his panic settling.

"Ch...chenle?" he said breathlessly.

"Yes hyung, I'm right here, you're okay." Chenle said softly giving Renjun a soft smile.

Renjun looked into chenle's eyes and burst into tears a mix of relief and fear swirling inside his head.

Chenle was surprised but quickly took Renjun into a warm hug.

"Shhhh, shhhh, Renjun-ah baby don't cry. I promise you're okay, everything is okay junnie." Chenle cooed gently as he stroked renjun's hair.

"Ch...chenle...it...it was horrible...i.... i couldn't breathe! i...it was so dark...i...-

"Hey, Jun-ah calm down baby, it was just a bad dream, you're safe now, I've got you."

Renjun gripped onto chenle as he cried trying to calm himself down.

"Aish, junnie it's okay, just take some deep breaths for me okay?"

Renjun took some deep breaths and calmed slightly in chenle's chest.

"that's it Jun-ah, I'm here."

After a few minutes of silent comfort, Renjun rose off of chenle's shoulder.

Chenle gave him a warm smile and wiped his cheeks with his thumbs.

"Are you okay hyung?"

Renjun nodded sniffling softly.

"I'm sorry for disturbing you chenle, thank you for helping me..."

"Hey Renjun-ah don't apologize, I'll always be here to help you, don't feel embarrassed or anything."

Renjun nodded still avoiding chenle's eyes.

Chenle smiled and brushed renjun's hair back.

"Do you wanna go back to sleep junnie?"

Renjun seemed kinda hesitant.

Chenle rubbed his shoulder gently.

"it's okay Jun-ah, I'll stay with you tonight okay?"

"No, no it's okay chenle, you should go back to sleep-

"Just lay down hyung." Chenle ordered as he layed the older down and snuggled next to him.

"Chenle, are you sure?"

"of course I am hyung, now close your eyes and go back to sleep junnie, I'll be right here okay?"

Renjun gave him a grateful smile and layed down snuggling into his chest.

Chenle held him close as they dozed off to sleep.