Chapter 5

"Alayna, where the FUCK are you?" A deep voice bellowed through the empty room.

Ya Allah, only You can help me now!

I scampered into the room quickly, wearing a distressed expression. Seeing my face, he smirks. 

"Where were you?" He leans down to match my height. 

"I...I w..wa...was..." 

"I...I..wa..was.." he mimics me and bursts out in laughter. 

"Oh my dear biwi! What will I do with you?" He exclaims, whilst acting like he was going to leave the room again. 

But all of a sudden he turns and I flinch back afraid. He tilts his head, spectating me and my reaction. 

Slowly, a smirk makes its way onto his face, "My dear biwi, I haven't done anything yet. Why are you flinching so much?" He's mocking my baibasi. And he will continue to do so...

When I come back to senses, I flinch to the feeling of cold hands on my neck. His fingers stroke my neck slowly and he looks into my eyes. Trying to read me, my pain. 

But why would he care, when he was the one who has caused me all this pain? 

Him and my father. 

My father and him. 

Both the reasons behind my pain and sorrow. 

A tear was going to slip at the thought, but I remembered mum's letter. Don't expose your weaknesses to anyone but Allah. 

She had given me advice and i was going to hold onto it with all my might. 

Zunair was placing kisses up and down my neck. I knew where this was going. 

He was expecting more. Much more. 

Something I won't give to him. 

Why should I? He's purchased me. He owns me. 

He owns me. That means he can do whatever he wants. Whatever he desires. Whenever. Wherever. 

Its dawned on me now. He's won. 

He owns me and he can treat me however he wishes, I was just his property. 

My heart raced at an extortionate pace whilst my brain was coming to shocking realisation. I was doomed. Stuck. Afraid. Caged. 

And only Allah knows if I'll make it out alive. 

My heart felt like it was bleeding. It had taken all the hits earlier today, but this was the last straw. 

No one could save me. The kisses were becoming more harsh and desperate. No one will save me. 

I have to face everything alone. All alone. 

That was the moment his hand made its way to the bottom of my kameez and he was starting to pull it upwards. 

He was going to do it. 

I immediately pushed him off me and jumped off the bed. 

I wasn't going to let him ruin me. 

When I was backed up in the furthest corner of the room away from him, I mustered up the courage to look at him. 

The first thing I noticed was his eyes. 

They were completely black. 

Dark with anger. 

He stalked his way towards me. I looked towards the door and started to sprint. I ran. 

I ran and I didn't look back once. 

The first staircase I saw, I scampered down. The first big doors I saw, I flung open and I ran towards the big gates. 

To my freedom. 

Or so I thought for a millisecond. 

My hopes were crushed when a large arm rounded itself sound my waist and threw me to the ground. 

And a slap on my right cheek. 

My ears were ringing because of the immense impact, but I managed to pick up the words, "I've got her boss." 

My body wanted to shut down and just as it finally going to do so. It jolted because of the ice cold water thrown over my head. 

My vision clears and I see Zunair smirking, whilst two men who seemed like  guards stood behind him laughing at my misery. 

"My dear biwi, it's too early to sleep. The whole  night awaits for you." 

My body involuntarily flinches at his word that had an evil promise behind them. 

I shake my head in distraught. 

"Please. Zunair. Please. Don't do this to me." 

My breath was stuck in my throat. But that wouldn't stop me. 

"You can't do this to me!" I screamed not caring that we were outside and people would witness the beginning of my end. 

"You. Can't. Do. This. To. Me." I say talking a step closer and poking my finger at his chest.

"Why must I suffer? You waged a deal with my father, why did you drag me into it?" I shrieked. 

"I haven't even done anything." I buried my face in my trembling hands. 

Hoping this was a nightmare. 

Praying that when I would wake up that it'll all be over. 

Hoping I'd be safe with my family and in the embrace of my loving father. 

That this was all fake.

It had to be, right? My father couldn't betray me like this. He's my abbu...my abbu. He couldn't even think of such a thought. 

'Yes, Alayna. Go to sleep right now and when you wake up. It'll all be back to normal.' I tell myself. 

I knew I was lying to myself but I wish, just once, that my lie could turn itself into a truth. 

I broken out of reverie when I'm jerked by Zunair, and I'm being dragged elsewhere. He stops at a old door, that had seen better days. 

He opened it, by launching his shoulder at it a few times and that was when a strong smell of disinfectant spread into my nostrils, the smell made me gag instantly and I was close to throwing up. But of course he didn't allow me to do so. 

His long fingers wrapped themselves around my throat, slowly beginning to tighten. 

"My dear wife, don't vomit here. Can't you smell it?" He takes a deep sniff at the air and exhales satisfied. "I've just had it cleaned." He whispers whilst pulling me closer so he could easily reach my ear. 

A shiver ran down my spine. 

This man was dangerous. 

And before I knew it, I was thrown into the room. And my leg clamped in the chain. "You won't be receiving food for 3 whole days now. This is your punishment. I am your husband. You will learn to obey me. At. ALL. Times."  

He turned, exited the room and left me with the demons of my thoughts. 

And I slept with the thought that: I will never let him win. 

******

Here it is. 

This is going to be the last chapter I upload in a while, just to let you guys know. 

I need to focus on my studies waaaaaaaaaaay more, however I will still be writing chapters for ALL my books! 

I just need time. I've realised writing actually helps me so much. 

Please just be patient with me.