36

Mature content ahead, along with the mention of blood. Please read with caution.

Draco marched up to her, trying to snatch the paper from her hand, but she yanked away, ''White, it's not—''

''You're trading me?'' Her words were shaking, her body too. She couldn't believe this. She couldn't believe him. Didn't want to, ''You're—''

''White,'' Draco shook his head, taking a step towards her for every step she took back, ''It's not—''

Navy held up the paper between them, making him see it clearly. Her lower lip quivering, her whole arm trembling, ''What is this? Some kind of sick joke?''

His heart ached, cocking his head, ''Listen to me—''

''What the hell is this?'' Her voice raised, and she slammed the paper onto the table again, ''You were trading me? Like some sick business deal—''

''I wasn't!'' He yelled back, blocking her from walking away, ''If you just listen—''

''Your God damn name is on it, Draco!'' Her tears failed her, rolling uncontrollably now, ''You signed it!''

''Navy—''

She pushed him back, over and over again. Shoving and hitting, and pushing him until her fists turned numb.

He took it.

Draco took all her anger, all the pain he caused her. The pain he fell in love with.

''You—'' She breathed, shaking her head as she stopped, inches away from him, ''I expected this from him... but you?''

She was crying so much now, sobbing out her words.

''I never thought you'd do this to me.''

Draco's arms fell to his sides, looking at her in a way that hurt. It hurt looking at her like this, knowing he'd caused it.

''You were trading me, like nothing. Me for your business.'' Navy didn't look at him anymore. She couldn't, not without her heart absolutely shattering, breaking more than it already had, ''You...''

''Navy,'' Draco swallowed, hard, ''It's not what it looks like. I promise if you just let me explain—''

''No,'' She marched around him, yanking her body to the side as he tried to touch her, ''I'm such an idiot.''

''Navy, please—''

She spun around at the glass door, her hand still on the handle, ''I was coming back for you.'' She said, her tone broke, ''I was coming here to find him, to make sure it was over so I could finally be with you again.''

He was on the edge of tears, his heart crashing to the pit of his stomach, burning through his body, ''Navy—''

''Now, I can't think of a single reason why I would want that.'' She huffed out a chuckle through her tears, ''You said it yourself, didn't you? All those years ago? This game is rigged for me to lose, right?''

He pushed his lips together, his skin paled.

''I just never thought I'd lose to you.''

Hearing how he called out for her, over and over, she ignored it. Navy ignored him, running through his office, passing the elevator as she headed right for the stairwell.

She didn't stop running.

She ran and ran until she found herself outside of Asher's apartment, her key tucked into the door, and she ripped it open.