38

Mature content ahead.

_

Navy just looked at him, for days, for the two weeks he'd been putting everything in his life on hold, to be with her — she simply looked at him.

Memorizing everything there was to memorize, breathing in every last linger of his scent, feeling every last inch of his body.

She looked at him so dearly as he slept next to her, in her bed. She never could've believed this to be true. Draco was lying there, on her mattress, underneath the same covers as her.

The sun beamed over his pale skin, brightening the faded birthmarks he had. His hair was messy, tousled. His brows rested calmly. His lashes softly framed his closed lids. His lips weren't pushed tight as they usually were. Now they were arched, gently upwards, almost as if he knew she was looking at him.

Beautiful. He was so beautiful to look at. She'd never reflected much on it, not like she did now. Feeling as if she didn't have time before, to truly take every inch of him in. She did now. She learned every detail he carried, every beautifully outlined flaw.

''You should be sleeping,'' He mumbled, his mouth barely moving as he let out a throaty groan, ''It's early.''

Navy smiled cheekily as she tucked her face into the pillow, nearly feeling embarrassed for how he caught her staring at him again, ''Couldn't help myself.'' She whispered, the corners of her mouth lifted higher, ''You're hard not to look at.''

''Close your damn eyes then,'' He yawned, sheeting an arm over the curve of her waist. He pulled her in, making her chest collide with his. Her nose buried against his throat, ''Sleep, White.''

Navy arched her neck back, looking up at him. Her thigh moved to his, crossing her leg over his hip, ''What if I'm hungry?'' Her fingers gripped the covers, dragging it up above them, ''I'm starving.''

''Then go eat,'' Draco mumbled, letting his hand stay on her waist, ''I can make you something.''

Her smile leveled broader, knowing that he'd make her the best breakfast ever. Navy didn't know he was such a good cook, but he was. He had made her dinner, lunch, breakfast, dessert all the days he spent with her.

He took good care of her, appreciated her, made her feel wanted in more ways than Asher ever did.

Malfoy didn't just buy her things as she was used to. He took care of her. He minded what she did. He didn't cut her off the second he found her talking boring. He let her finish, and even if he didn't understand much of what she was rambling about — he still asked questions.

He was interested in her. He let her sit nestled up next to him on the couch as he read. He asked her to help him cook. He wanted to learn how she folded her laundry, so he could help her with it.

This was so much more than they'd ever been, even before he left her. This was Malfoy wanting her, wanting to prove that he was worthy of getting her back after everything he'd done.

He even carried her mother's grocery bags home from the store, helping her up the stairs with them. Draco wanted Navy to know that he meant it this time. That he wouldn't leave her, ever again.

''I can make you— Navy...'' He gulped on his own tells, feeling her thigh tensing over his hip, bringing him closer, ''What are you playing at now?''

''What?'' Her lashes fluttered, blinking up at him with a sweet look, her hand dipping between them, slowly brushing up and down over his muscles, ''I'm not doing anything.''