40

Mature content ahead. 

Navy stuffed her mouth full of the red velvet cake, chewing it like there was no tomorrow. Everything not to talk, not to look, not to think. She just pushed more sweets into her mouth, over and over again.

Standing behind the dessert table, she took a glass of wine in her hand, pouring it down with the cake. She didn't even want to look up. She didn't want to risk meeting those silver eyes.

He was there.

He was right there, where she was.

Draco had spent that whole ceremony staring at her. She felt it to her core, that piercing nearly burning stare as it stung her skin. She didn't look back, the very second she placed her eyes upon him — she looked away, and she stood frozen for the rest of her time on that altar.

Her knees were weak, shaking. She was still shaking, and it had been hours. The benches had been moved and replaced with tables and chairs. The stage was now covered with the pedestal holding William and Pansy's wedding cake up.

It was once again beautiful, but she couldn't focus on that. She couldn't focus on all the guests as they sat at their tables, enjoying dessert. She didn't want to focus. Navy wanted to hide. She was almost panicking.

Four months. For four long, torturous months, she hadn't seen him. She had been hiding in her own denial, keeping herself busy during the days, to lock herself up at night. She wasn't ready for this. She wasn't ready to face him, but knowing Draco Malfoy — she knew he'd make her.

''Are you still—'' Pansy popped out of nowhere, a bit tipsy. Navy noticed it on her voice, on the sharp, otherwise, piercing stare was now hooded, drowsy, almost, ''Are you still hiding? It's been hours, Navy. He's not here anymore—''

Navy gulped on the cake she was pushing into her mouth before forcing even more in, chewing desperately. ''You don't know that.''

''Oh my God,'' Pansy peered down at the plate in her hand, shaking her head before she snapped her fingers, discreetly, and she made the plate vanish, ''No more cake for you.''

Navy scowled, crossing her arms and swallowing the last pieces, ''But—''

''No buts.'' Pansy harshly whispered, almost snapping out of her intoxicated state, ''We're not doing this, Navy. We're not acting like children on my wedding day. Do you want me to buy you another cake tomorrow and lock myself up with you in your apartment? Fine, but not now. Not here, and not today.''

Navy rolled her eyes, reaching for her wine glass, but her friend was quick to get rid of that too, ''And no sorrowful drinking. Yes, your ex you should be with, but can't, was here, but he's not anymore. He left. I haven't seen him for hours, so you can come out of this corner and start acting like a bridesmaid. It's time for your speech.''

''My what—''

''Your speech—'' Pansy frowned, arching back, ''He didn't tell you? He didn't— of course, he didn't. Fucking William.'' She sighed deeply, ''You know what? You're giving one anyway.''

''But—''

''No buts, Naves!'' Her severe tone was back, glaring at her friend in a fusion of both begging and frustration, ''Please. I know, alright. I know this sucks. I know you're heartbroken, sexually deprived and all that—''

''Excuse you—''

''But here's how we'll do it,'' Pansy continued, ignoring her attempts to speak against it, ''You'll go up there, take that mic, and you'll give some sweet Hufflepuff speech about how much you love your brother and me, and then we go and find you some hot single man to put your teeth in. You need to fuck someone, Navy. You're so tense that even I can feel it, so some dirty wedding sex is perfect for you—''