Eight

I dived, ducked, and squatted but the combative intelligence was faster and proceeded to knock me on my ass.

"Do you have short term memory loss?" Draconian drawled, "I've told you the same thing fifteen times within the past thirty minutes and yet you continue not to do it."

  I hissed as the combative intelligence knocked me onto my ass again.

"Agh! This is stupid! What kind of hologram can actually physically touch you?" I screamed.

  "Mine. Now do it again and this time actually listen."

  I got up and charged at the holographic alien again. The goal was to stab the holographic alien in the throat but you had to get close enough to do it. And I could not because every time I ran towards it, the holograph predicted my movements before I made it half way to it.

   We had been at this for over thirty minutes with the general yelling at me to be lighter on my feet and stop making so much noise. It was easier said than done.

   I was out of breath from my constant ass kicking, The generals voice was just pissing me off, and these shorts kept riding up my ass. I refuse to give up though. As much as I might dislike my situation the general was right.

   I need to be able to protect my self. It's knowledge as good as gold if I can learn how to take down these aliens. Who knows I might be able to teach others.

  I landed on my ass again and draconian slammed his hands onto the mat.

"Enough! This is life or death Anastasia." His voice was hard.

  I tensed when he said my full name. This is the first time he's used it and I hate to admit it but prefer the pet names he's gave me.

"I am trying!" I yelled back.

"You are merely surviving. You must learn this; push your pride aside and listen to me. You cannot live life by just surviving. You must live and to do that here you have to learn to protect yourself. Stop fucking around and let me teach you."

  He stomped over to where I was fuming and gripped my hips to face the opposite direction.

   "Be soft on your feet and move quickly but quietly. If you cannot breath quietly then hold your breath." He took his large palms and patted my leg telling me to make my stance wider. "Crouch down when you get ready to launch yourself. It puts extra force behind your launch."

  He grabbed my hand on the knife and flipped the knife downwards into my palm. "Hold the knife downwards it puts extra force behind your thrust when you go to thrust the knife into your opponent." He scanned me head to toe, "Lastly, be merciless. They will show you no mercy. You must do the same."

  "Try again."

  I did as he said and prepared to attack from behind the hologram. I bounced on the balls of my feet but before I launched my self towards the hologram I held my breath as Draconian said to do.

   The hologram still threw me on my ass but I had gotten closer then I had in the past thirty minutes. The dagger sliced the holograms forearm and some of its abdomen. I paid attention as it started oozing holographic blue blood. I know it's not real but it's still unsettling. I chuckled on my ass as draconian stood above me smirking.

   "That was good. Run twenty laps and I shall release you for the day."

  My eyes bulged out of my head, "Twenty! You have got to be fucking kidding. There's no way I can run twenty laps! Four at the most."

  "We are not negotiating. In here I am your training general. I will not be soft on you. Fifteen laps or fifty push-ups." He grinned. "You choose."