Chapter 118: Loo- Ahem, Treasure Hunting in the Empire

The first day of the investigation.

Crown prince Alberu looked at the Church of the Sun God's Vatican and whispered to Cale. "There is a secret table in a secret room?"

Their extremely friendly-looking position made the guards, secretaries, and servants curious, but none of that was Cale's issue.

Cale sincerely responded to Alberu's question. "Yes, your highness. Apparently, it is a pile of treasure."

"Mm." Alberu grunted and hid his smile.

Cale watched Alberu and recalled what the Saint, Jack, had told him.

"...I'm not sure if they managed to find the Condemnation of the Sun."

The Condemnation of the Sun. The name alone was amazing enough for the Saint to wield as he fought against the enemies and gathered the believers.

"Does the Condemnation of the Sun actually exist?" That was the crazy priestess Cage's response. She seemed to be shocked.

That made Cale realize something. 'It is not an ordinary item.'

Jack started to speak as if he knew what Cale was thinking about. "It is a divine item."

A divine item. An item gifted by the god.

Thief who was the previous owner of the Sound of the Wind ancient power had died while running away with a divine item.

That was how precious they were. The reason that the secret organization Arm was able to kill the strong Blue Wolf tribe was because they had a divine item.

That was why Cale was excited as he asked. "Where is the Condemnation of the Sun located? I will retrieve it."

However, Jack shook his head with a bitter expression. "I do not know."

Jack had only heard about the existence of divine items while being taught by the Pope the ways of a Saint. After that, the Pope responded to Jack's questions of 'Are there divine items?' with 'Divine items? Something like that does not exist'.

The fake Holy Maiden, Hannah, who had been quietly listening to Jack, let out a scoff. "The Pope said that it does not exist. That means that it is definitely somewhere. That greedy old man probably hid it somewhere safe."

Jack said something interesting at that moment. "However, the Pope would not have been able to use the divine item even if he knew where it was located."

"Why is that?"

"The Popes have not directly been appointed by the Sun God since the Pope from about 500 years ago. The rest since then were all selected in a meeting by the church's leaders."

Hannah put on another smirk. "Meeting of leaders my ass. It was more of an ugly fight for power."

Cale listened to the crazy priestess, the Saint, and the fake Holy Maiden chat for a while before asking Jack a question. "What kind of divine item is the Condemnation of the Sun?"

Cale set a goal for this trip after hearing Jack's response. He decided to steal it if he got lucky enough to find it.

'But I don't really have a way to find it. Still, I feel like something will help me find it.'

There was no way Cale would know the location when neither the Saint nor the Holy Maiden knew about it. That was why he added the part about luck and his intuition.

Tap. Cale turned his head toward the hand on his shoulder.

"Let's go in." It was the crown prince.

Cale, the rest of the Roan Kingdom's investigation team, and the Empire's administrators all responded to Alberu.