Chapter 60 - The Slave of War

Paradise Manor was a Grand building. The insides were brandished wit gold, iron, and jewels. A portrait of calligraphy was hung on the wall. In the living room, there was a long table plastered with bowls of fruits and vases. A row of chairs were seated around the table.

The three couples and the remaining cultivators sat.

"So," it took some time for Jiang Cheng to process it all. "You're actually a Demon Lord, and you're actually a Ghost King?" He stared wide-eyed at Luo Binghe and Hua Cheng.

The two red-robed men just nodded along to his words.

Jiang Cheng felt blank. He always thought that they were making stuff up! The first time he heard Luo Binghe calling himself a Demon Lord, Jiang Cheng thought that he was joking. But... it turned out to be true!

"And right now..." Jiang Cheng continued. "We're in the Ghost Realm...?"

"Ghost City." Xie Lian corrected.

The GusuLan disciples, Jiang Cheng, and Jin Ling had looked around Paradise Manor with curiosity. They've never been to a place with so many ghosts. Naturally, their curiosity to look around had heightened.

"Now then," Wei Wuxian turned their attention to the three hostages, "Shall we get some information?"

Seeing that Nu Wang was tied up with Ruoye, Yi Ran wanted to shed many tears. However, she could only sit there trembling like a leaf on the wind.

"What do you want from me!" She blurted out loud.

Shen Qingqiu fanned himself. "We're trying to understand your motives as to killing so many innocent people. Firstly, you attacked Cang Qiong Mountain. Secondly, you attacked Yunmeng Jiang. Thirdly, you attacked Square Town. Then, it was Ghost Nation. What are you aiming for?"

Yi Ran bit her lips, hard enough to draw blood. "I-I cannot say."

Lan Zhan looked at her with his cold eyes. "Of course you can't."

Hearing that, Yi Ran couldn't help but feel guilty. She shuffled in her seat, then looked at Nu Wang, who wore a melancholic expression. Bo Fan was still unconscious.

"Why did the Strongest Sword choose you out of everyone?" Wei Wuxian looked at Nu Wang.

The female ghost blankly looked back. She opened her mouth, wanting to say something, but then it fell short. She sighed, with nothing coming out of her mouth.

"Hmm?" Ruoye tightened around her.

Nu Wang shook her head. "I was not chosen because of strength."

"Then why were you chosen?" Xie Lian pondered.

"You need not answer them." All of a sudden, a booming voice echoed within Paradise Manor. The sound was small, yet it reached everyone's ears. Lan Jingyi and Sizhui froze in their seats. Jin Ling shuffled closer to them for warmth.

Subconsciously, Jiang Cheng and Lan Xichen leaned closer to one another.

"Y-You!" Nu Wang's eyes widened.

The Strongest Sword continued talking, "Clearly, if you unsheathed me long ago, you wouldn't have been captured by them. Now look at you. You're all tied up and no threat. You're weak and doomed to die."

Nu Wang gritted her teeth. She found her every bone and marrow trembling before this voice.

"Don't talk to me!" She huffed.

The Strongest Sword did not falter at her command. "You are the stupidest woman I've ever seen! Clearly, you were only just a small slave! Chained up and sold at the black market. The only reason why you've gotten so strong is because of the war-"