Chapter Thirteen: Caught in the Rain

CIAOOOO BABIESS!!!

So sorry for the delay, I've been so busy with college and I was sick with a headcold (thankfully not Covid)!!!! 

BUT MAMA IS HEREEEEEE.

Don't forget to leave lots of feedback, vote, and share this story with friends!!!!!! <3

            Lucius stood by the coat rack beside our table, glaring down at me as I remained seated in the booth. "Let's go, Korinna. I have things to do today."

"I'm not going anywhere with you." The words came out shakier and more fragile than I intended, and I inwardly cursed at myself for letting any indication that I was afraid of Lucius La Notte out into the open. "My driver is taking me home."

"Sure about that?" Lucius stalked away from me and shoved his way out the exit for the diner. I watched him in disbelief through the diner window as he approached my driver's parked vehicle and banged on the driver's window with his gloved fist.

"That motherfu––" I picked up my things and rushed outside.

"What are you doing?" I demanded of Lucius, as my driver backed up out of his spot. I waved my hand at my driver for him to stop, but he didn't even look in my direction through the windshield and left the parking lot. "Did you just fire my driver?"

"You need all new personnel for you anyway."

I was still so pissed about what he did to Gianni, but this was too far. And it was frightening how much power Lucius had over my father that he could just fire employees like this.

I dug around in my purse. "I'm calling an Uber."

"No, you're not." Lucius snatched my phone right out of my hand and slipped it into his pocket. "Your punishment for acting out in the diner is having to deal with me on the car ride home."

"Give me my phone back!" When I tried to take the phone away, Lucius pulled it out of my grasp, taking advantage of our height difference. He friended me off and snatched my hand, hauling me toward his Bugatti.

"This is kidnapping," I said as he practically dragged me through the parking lot.

"Is it? You don't seem like you're in distress."

"I'm always in distress when I'm around you."

He laughed, then stopped us both in front of the trunk of his car, aggressively pulling me towards him. "That's called arousal. An effect I tend to have on women."

"Maybe you should get an English dictionary and carry it around with your massive ego, because that's not what distress means."

"What happened to you being cooperative?" Lucius asked.

"I can be cooperative with the engagement and still give you hell when it's just you and me. In fact, expect it, stronza. I'm not the type of girl to keep my opinions in and I've got a lot about you."

Lucius grazed the chest of my sweater with his hazel eyes, his expression filling with dark to mischief. "Give me all the hell you want..."

"Ugh," I said and shoved him back. "Being around you is in agonizing torture I would not wish upon my worst enemy!"

"Believe me, you don't know torture." He leaned against the trunk of his Bugatti. "I could show you torture." Another slow perusal of his eyes over my body. "I'd just rather do it with my tongue with you."