Ch. 16 - Late Submission

Monet

I woke up in my own bed with the annoyingly bright sun shining in my face. Groaning, I grabbed the pillow my head was resting on and slammed it into my face.

"Looks like you're awake."

"Holy shit!" I yelled as I jolted up into a sitting position while clinging the comforter to my chest. I sighed as I leaned back into the bed frame while tensed body relaxed when I realised it was just Nat. "Jesus Nat. Why would you scare me like that?"

She chuckled softly as she invited herself in and sat herself on the edge of your bed. "I don't know. Wanted to see your reaction I guess."

I rubbed my eyes while groaning once more. "Are you serious?"

"Ooh. What's got you in a bad mood this fine afternoon?" she said playfully.

"You literally just scared me out of my peaceful sleep for fun, Nat," I spoke out with a softer tone.

"Well technically you were already awake. I heard you groan while I was just walking past so decided to mess with you a bit." She got up and wandered towards the windows and opened the curtains all the way.

"Noo, why??" I cried out, crawling all the way under my sheets as I pulled them over my head.

"Come on! You've already missed lunch you need to get your lazy ass out of bed now." I heard shuffling coming towards me until they abruptly stopped and I felt the comforter being yanked off of me.

"Natasha, what the fuck! I'm not wearing pants!" I paused in thought. "Wait, why am I not wearing pants? What the hell happened last night?" I pulled my knees to my chest while watching her actions closely.

Nat smirked as she walked off again towards your closet and started rifling through the shelves. "I was wondering when you were gonna ask. You fell asleep last night and Thor had to carry you back to your room since Bruce refused to let anyone wake you. He had told me you preferred to sleep without pants on so I took them off for you." She turned around and signalled to your clothes on the floor. "Your bra too."

"Oh the show-"

"Don't worry about that," she interrupted, "I don't think you fell asleep long before the others began getting tired so I doubt you missed much."

I realised she had my pyjamas in her hands as she walked back towards me and threw them at my face. "Now get dressed. You haven't had food in a while you need to eat soon."

I just hummed in agreement and she finally began leaving my room. She opened my bedroom door and was about to leave, until turning around one last time, "Oh. I like your underwear and bra choice by the way. Cute how they match." And with that, she shut the door.

I flushed as much as my brown skin would let me. I honestly didn't mind the fact that she saw me in my underwear but her comment changed that quite a bit. I have to admit, Natasha Romanoff intimidates me.

I was about to get ready when all of Nat's words were finally starting to sink in. "Afternoon...missed lunch...?" I mumbled out until realisation stuck me and I started swearing out as I rushed towards my door. I poked my head out of the door to see Nat's ass retreating away from me. Not a bad view. "Nat!" I yelled to get her attention. Her head whipped back around to me. "Erm. What day is it?"

"The day? Like of the week?" she questioned as she walked back towards me.

"No no. Well the date then."

"Oh. Uh," she paused to pull her phone out of the pocket, "July 13th."

I screeched out in shock repeating random swears over and over, rushing back into my room.

"What? What is it?" I heard Nat's worried voice behind.

"I was supposed to submit my work to the S.A.B.L.E headquarters by 5am today!"

I sensed her calm and relax behind me as I rushed getting ready with my back towards her. "Monet you genuinely got me worried there. Late submitted work isn't that big of a deal."

"It is when your boss hates you! I swear this bitch is racially motivated just 'cause I'm half Pakistani. I'm already on thin ice. I can get fucking fired for this, Nat!" I explained, emphasis on the fired.

"If this job stressed you so much why do you do it?"

"It's my dream job."

"I don't think your dream job is meant to make your life worse."

"It doesn't! It's just," I sighed again before continuing, "her. My stupid fucking boss." I finally finished putting my top on as I turned around to see Nat with her entire front still faced towards me. "Were you looking at me this whole time, Nat?"

"Don't flatter yourself. Now come on," she grabbed my wrist and dragged me out. "Eat and I'll help you figure this out later."

We got to the main floor and Nat was catching me up on the final episode. I honestly didn't need that much catching up since I've already watched it, but I still wanted to know how far we'd gotten to.

"Monet! Who the fuck is this?" I jumped at Tony's aggression and saw him standing as Iron Man while Bruce was surprisingly standing beside him with his fists clenched instead of behind as he usually is. The rest of the team is tensed behind them too, with Mjolnir in Thor's hand, Cap and Clint in a fighting stance, even Loki standing slightly in front of the, with his armour on. "She claims she knows you!"

I finally noticed a woman's back towards me and recognised her even by just her backside.

"Monet??" Bruce's impatient voice questioned.

"Stay calm Banner," Cap called out.

"Not until I find out why the hell this women thinks she can barge in here getting past your security system, Tony, and ask for Monet."

"Ah, Monet. So you are here." Her strong accent confirmed my suspicions immediately. She turned to face me.

"Madame..."