55

"We will talk more later, when the crowds are gone." Wei Wuxian kissed her daughter's forehead. "And don't worry about your dad, he's just being stubborn as usual, and he needs time to wrap his head around all of this." She chuckled and then turned to Noah. "Well well well, I wanted to introduce my daughter to you, and here you are, engaged to her already." Wei Wuxian smirked and punched Noah's arm playfully.

"In my defense, I have no idea that she's your daughter at first, since she put a perception filter on me. After I came back from the DollHouse then I realized that I love her. When I was drugged back at that Angel's Vessel cult house, I just realized that she looked exactly like you, and the rest was history." Noah put his arm around Feng Yue's waist. "I will be honored if you give us your blessing, Wei Ying."

Wei Wuxian looked at both of them, who looked at each other like there's no one else in the room, and found their love overflowed just by the simple gaze. She was happy for them, of course, after all, she was just the same back then when she first met Lan Wangji. There's no one else other than Noah that she'd rather entrust her daughter with.

"Noah, Feng Yue, I hope you're going to be happy and in love for the rest of your life, and it's gonna be a hell of a long life." She hugged them both and gave them her blessing. "About your dad, don't worry, I'll soften him first then get back to you. For now, why don't you go and mingle, get to know the whole family?"

"We will." Feng Yue nodded and she hugged Wei Wuxian once more. "Thank you, mom."

Noah and Feng Yue continued their talk when Wei Wuxian left to tend to the others, and her eyes were glistening from the unshed tears.

"Thanks, for being here with me." She kissed Noah's cheek. "I don't think I could stand up straight without you, they are all so intense! This is the first time I see this many people in one room, you know, well, other than the silent Dolls…" she knew that she's rambling now, because although she looked calm outside, she was very nervous, and Noah knew it so he took Feng Yue in his arms and kissed her. Softly at first, then more demanding until he could feel that she became putty in his hands.

"Don't be nervous, baby." He whispered in her mouth. "They're good people, and you're very lucky to have them as your family." Then he kissed her again, lightly this time. "Now go on, mingle, I'll find a way to soften your dad's heart so he will give us his blessing."

"Mm, I'll thank you later at home…" she winked at him with laughter in her eyes. It's funny how easily Noah calmed her nerves just by a few words, and how his presence always gave her a secure feeling that nothing would happen to her as long as he's around.

"I'll hold on to your words." Noah lightly patted her butt and pushed her to the crowd. "Now go on, charm them."

Xie Lian and Hua Cheng were playing with the babies, to get them to be used to them, when he saw Feng Yue was looking at him. He smiled, gave the baby to Hua Cheng, and gestured to her to follow him out to the patio, to talk privately.

"So, Feng Yue, I know it might be too late, but welcome to the family." He hugged her. "They are a noisy bunch, but you'll get used to it soon."

"It's fine, I don't mind the noise. And thank you for taking the babies." She hugged him back. Xie Lian had this calming presence that made her feel safe, and she knew that he would be the best parent for the nephilims. "I also want to thank you for taking the babies. I know you'll be the best parents they could ever have."

"Thank you for your trust in me, Feng Yue, I promise I will take good care of them." Xie Lian patted her back like he always did with Wei Wuxian when they were younger. "So, about Noah…"

"I haven't told him that he's a nephilim if that's what you mean, uncle. I don't know how to say it to him, and besides, were you the one who put the seals and protection on him? He was almost possessed by an angel when your protection repelled it."