*Adjustments*

February 24th, 1995

Iris and Percy had kept their relationship quiet for a month, only letting Mrs. and Mr. Weasley know. They figured it out on Christmas when Iris was invited to eat dinner with them. They didn't necessarily want to keep it a secret, but they wanted a bit of a quiet start. Especially since Rita Skeeter was spilling the tea, they didn't want to be on the front cover of the daily prophet. Iris was disgusted by the witches written, including some articles of her own cousin.  She said he was a 12-year-old, his eyes swimming with the terror of his past or some rubbish. Iris threatened her once, but she ended up as HARRY POTTER'S CRAZY RELATIVES, which shut her up. She found articles of other teachers as well, including Hagrid who was a half-giant.

Iris didn't think too deeply into it, knowing Hagrid could never hurt a fly. Dumbledore was already furious with her, he banned her from school grounds, yet she always had a way of sneaking in. Percy was also fed up with her, she was quite bothering at the ministry. Anyway, Iris and Percy thought it was only right to tell Harry, who was being a moody teenager and went back to ignoring them both. Iris tried to reason with him, but Harry had grown to be more stubborn, overprotective and moody over the year. Iris was upset over this, but Percy tried to make it better. He talked Harry into it, which was un-Percy-like, but she still did it. Of course, Harry still wasn't the happiest, but he didn't ignore them both. 

Iris and Percy's relationship seemed to be flowing very well. Percy seemed to have realized how special iris, was, and was grateful for having her around again. People from work would notice Percy was less up-tight over everything, which they were thankful for because it was like having a lion watching over you all the time. He also tried to spend as much time as he could with iris, which was different from before. It obviously surprised Iris, and she joked that he was sick. But he really did make an effort, of course, it wasn't as good as other men might be, but since it was Percy, Iris was over-delighted. The two caught up on everything from over the summer, which seemed to have a big effect on both of them. The ministry was still a bit of a rough topic to talk about, they didn't have the same views. But they tried to work around it, and mutually agreed on not mentioning politics.

Today was the second task for the tournament, and Iris was filled in by Minnie on what the second task was. She was slightly offended that she wasn't Harry's important person, but also glad she wouldn't be frozen at the bottom of the lake for an hour. She guessed it would be Ron or Hermione, and she guessed right. Cedric was the first to come up, a familiar teammate in tow. iris was surprised to see Cho chang, her seeker for Ravenclaw. She wasn't aware the two were in a relationship, reminding herself to talk to Ginny. It seemed, Krum came up next with his person, who was Hermione. It meant Ron was Harry's person, but even after an hour was up, he didn't show up. There were some comments about Delacour not being able to complete her task, which brought a conclusion to iris which she facepalmed at. Harry was saving Delacours person because he of course took it seriously. 

Iris waited anxiously as Harry finally made it up to the surface, two people beside him. Many people in the stands sighed in relief and also cheered. Iris was not one of them, as she rushed to the platform and wrapped her scarf around his neck. He was evidently cold making Iris even madder. Whoever put his name in the tournament would surely suffer. "Oh, Leo you idiot!" She yelled over the cheering as she hugged him. He pried her off, making him available for grabs. He was taken away for a second as Delacour kissed him for saving his sister, but after that, he was back in his cousin's warm arms. He tried to push her off again, but he actually kind of needed the heat. "Iris," he groaned. The woman looked at him with a stern glare. "Don't Iris me! You could've died, Harry! You know you didn't have to take the task seriously!! Dumbledore would've never allowed any deaths happen!" The realization just hit Harry, but he was still feeling chivalrous anyway. "But I didn't die!" He said, making Iris narrow her eyes.

"You could've. Also, what's this with Ron being more important than me? I thought I was your favourite!" Harry looked at her with guilt, he was still upset with her so that was probably why. "Sorry, you can know the next one." He offered. Iris only scoffed, walking him to the boats. "Why would I want to do that? I don't want to die yet! I'm still so young! I've got much of the world to see!" Harry extended his hands in front of him, confused about what she wanted. 

****

The rest of the year was pretty smooth. Iris didn't have to worry about the third task until the end of the year, which she could now focus more clearly for her 5th-year students for o.W.Ls. Percy had been chosen to be Mr. Crouch's assistant, which he was elated about. It was almost to the point where iris was about to put duck tape on his mouth to stop talking. 

Finally, the third task was coming up, meaning harry could finally be done with the joy-killing situation. The whole Weasley clan showed up to watch Harry, even Mika came to watch the tournament. Iris found that Mika went missing for about a half-hour before the task, coincidentally while George also went missing. Iris wanted to tease them, but Percy stopped her from doing so, by buying her some candy. "Honestly it's like your a child!" He said as iris ate her jelly beans. Iris grinned and pecked his cheek. "I haven't changed."