35.

Comment + Vote 🤍
Omniscient

"That's my baby girl," Dave gushed at Maniya who was sat getting her makeup done.

"Daddy stop," Maniya blushed shifting in her seat. The makeup artist laughed and continued on the finishing touches.

"I can't say you look nice?" Dave said taking a seat on her couch,

"Yeah but I'm not a baby anymore," Maniya mumbled looking down at her phone quickly.

"You're always gonna be our baby," Dave responded. "But you gotta hurry up, the party started two hours ago,"

"Okay daddy but mama isn't ready either," Maniya pointed out,

"Don't talk about me!" Naala shouted from down the hall.

"She's been doing her hair for 2 hours," Dave tried to say quietly.

"Mama thinks it's her birthday," Maniya laughed loudly,

"Why you so loud?" Dave sucked in his breath. Moments after Naala came gliding down the hallway, her hair pinned up and her make up perfectly done. 

"It is my birthday," Naala said sitting on Dave's lap. "I'm celebrating keeping up with you,"

"Yeah you are," Dave bit his lip as he took her in. "You look sexy," He said quietly kissing her cheek.

"Thank you, you look handsome too," Naala smiled kissing his lips lightly. Dave tried to deepen the kiss but Naala pulled away.

"My lipstick," She said wiping his lips.

"Erm and I'm in here," Maniya tutted in disgust.

"My parents do the same," Jas the make up artist laughed applying highlight to Maniya's cheekbones.

"My mom and dad never stop," Maniya said quietly. Dave and Naala weren't paying attention because they were caught up in each other.

"It's cute, it shows that they're actually in love with each other," Jas smiled at them.

"Yeah I guess," Maniya agreed, she did look up to her parents, she admired how they always fought for their love one way or another.

"What's the matter?" Dave asked Naala who seemed a bit down.

"We need to talk," Naala said to Dave, clinging to his neck.

"Ion like the sound of that," Dave mumbled rubbing her butt,

"Nothing bad but I want us to talk about something," Naala replied. "Please?" Naala held his hand.

"Sure, Niya we're gonna be in our room," Dave said tapping Naala so she can stand up.

"Okay, I think we're almost done," Maniya answered looking between them. "What's happened?"

"Nothing, you look so beautiful my angel," Naala said moving closer to her. "So beautiful," She smiled brightly.

"Y'all act like I look like a monster most days," Maniya frowned playfully.

"You do," Dave nodded making Naala hit his chest,

"Don't talk about my baby like that," Naala complained pulling him out of the room with her.

Dave followed behind her as she led him back into their room. Naala sat down on the bed and patted the space beside her.

"What's wrong baby?" Dave said sitting down,

"Do you think I have a purpose anymore?" Naala got straight to it.