○ 36

"This soup is delicious Doyun, you have got to give me your recipe," Chohee exclaimed as she ravished in the taste of Doyuns signature Kimchi soup.

She had made a variety of foods that the family used to eat when in Jeju, but nothing could compare to her soup.

"Yes of course, follow me," Doyun said as the two left the table with Hanwool and Donghyucks dad following suit, leaving just the kids behind after they finished their meal.

"Hyung, can we play a game?" Dongsun asked breaking the silence that washed over the table.

"Yeah I wanna play a game too," Dongyul joined in with his twin, the two bouncing up and down in excitement over the fact that Mari and Minsu were over.

"I think a game sounds fun," Haewon said, looking from Minsu to her brother who looked over to Mari.

Mari only shrugging at the suggestion, "yeah sure, a game sounds fun. What did you want to play?"

"Ummmmm," both Dongyul and Dongsun hummed at the same time in thought before both yelling out "hide and seek!"

"Hide and seek?"
"Yeah that sounds fun!"
"We haven't played hide and seek in ages Ma."

Both Mari and Donghyuck simultaneously looked towards each other, communicating with their eyes.
"Fine but I wanna team with Min-"

"Haewon I'll team with you!"
"Yay!"
"Wait Min, don't you wanna team with me-"
"Hyung, you and Mari noona count," Dongyul cheered as the four of them began rushing out of the room, leaving the two seventeen year olds in a state of shock at the chaos that just erupted.

"Uhhh, I guess we're a team then," Donghyuck said, rubbing them nape of his neck.

"I guess we are..." she mumbled, hands crossing over her chest in a huff as this was the last thing she wanted. More time spent with him.

Silence filled the air as the two sat there quiet, feeling a little awkward as the only sound they could hear was the vague muffling of their parents speaking in the kitchen.

"I guess we should count?" Donghyuck suggested and Mari looked towards him.

"Huh? Oh yeah, uh... THREE, TWO, ONE, READY OR NOT HERE WE COME!" She yelled out so their siblings could hear.

The two got up out of their seats and started to search the bottom floor.

"I feel like I'm getting too old for hide and seek, my back hurts," Mari complained as she bent down to look under a table.

"You and me both. Last time the twins wanted to play I hid inside the linen closet. I could barely move and was stuck like that for like half an hour until I realise they had given up and started watching TV. Little pricks," Donghyuck huffed at the memory making Mari laughed.

"Oh that's funny to you?" Donghyuck raised his eyebrow incredulously at the girl.

When all she did was raise her shoulders and flash him  a cheeky grin, he scoffed and through a pillow at her.

Laughing as she dodged the throw, the two began to get back to work. Making their way up the stairs and checking in the first room.

"Man they're good," Mari said as she looked behind the curtains, turning around and seeing Donghyuck open up the closet.

"I guess not that good," he said staring into the closet.

"Hey! You're supposed to say found you," Dongyul pouted and crossed his arms.

"Oh sorry my bad, found you," Donghyuck chuckled, moving aside to let the two out.

"You aren't fun hyung, common yul let's go find Haewon," Dongsun said grabbing ahold of his twins hand and racing out of the room.