○ 38

To say that Mari wasn't nervous was an understatement.

She was running around her room, clothes strew around practically every surface, as she tries to get ready before Jinyoung arrives.

He had messaged her that he had planned something for them and that she should dress just casual.

But what does "just casual mean" if she doesn't know where they're going. They could be going to McDonald's, or the beach, or they could be hiking or visiting a cemetery!

Theres so many variations of casual and Mari was going insane trying to figure out the vibe.

So in the end she decided on a white fuzzy top tucked into brown and white plaid shorts .

Adorning her fingers in golden rings and placing a simple gold necklace around her neck.

Looking into the mirror of her bathroom vanity she runs her fingers through her wavy hair, pushing a Bobby pin behind her ears and only allowing a few strands to frame her face.

Taking a step back to look at her appearance she let out a shaky breath, hoping the outfit was acceptable.

Grabbing her phone when she heard the faint sound of it vibrating to see that Jinyoung was out front.

Grabbing her hand bag she exited her room and hurriedly rushed down the stairs, skipping every second or third step.

"Dad I'm leaving!" She yelled out as she began to pull on her dock Martin's.

"Have fun and be safe!" Her dad yelled out from the kitchen.

"I will, bye!" And with that she exited the house. Feeling the slight breeze of the autumn afternoon on her skin.

Turning around she saw Jinyoung waving, he was leant up against his car, right foot crossed over the left and by gosh did he looked good.

A brown trench coat over a white buttoned up shirt tucked into light brown pants. His soft black hair falling softly in front of his face.

Mari smiled as she made her way closer to him, "hey," he said voice soothing and deep and Mari swore she could feel the butterflies start to awaken.

"Hey," she whispered out unintentionally, clearing her voice and saying it again louder to mask her nervousness.

"You ready to go?" He asked, head gesturing back to the car and she nodded.

Pushing himself off of the vehicle, Jinyoung stepped aside to open the car door for the girl.

"Oh... thanks," she said a little in shock as she slipped into the sleek black car- the door shutting soon after.

She sat upright, cautiously pushing her seatbelt in as Jinyoung entered from the other side.

"If you want to play music you can connect to the speaker," he said before starting up the engine and pulling out into the street.

Fumbling around with her phone she pressed on one of her many playlists, hoping he'd like the songs.

Why am I so nervous? Calm down Mari this is just like any other time.

She thought, trying to calm her racing mind. Looking out the window watching as various cars and store fronts pass by them, she eased into the seat.

"So, what have you got planned?" Mari asked, looking over towards the boy. His side profile causing the girl to hold her breath at his sheer handsomeness.

"That's a surprise," he said with a smile, looking briefly towards the girl who looked away abruptly.

Eyebrow furrowing at the fuzzy feeling coursing through her veins.

"Okay we are here," he stated, pulling over on the side of a quiet street and shutting off the engine, undoing his seatbelt and exiting the car to open her door.

"That was quick," she muttered to herself, thanking the boy as she exited the car.

Taking a look around at her surroundings she had no idea where she was. He had parked in an alleyway about a block away from the main road.

"You good?" He asked watching as the girl looked around.

"Hmm? Yeah I'm great, where are we?" She asked looking up to the boy whose hands were pushed into the pockets of his trench coat.

"You'll see," he smiled, motioning his head for her to follow him and the two began to walk further up the alleyway.

He looked back briefly with a smile before walking into a building. The sound of pins falling down could be heard and Mari's eyes widened, smile pulling her lips high up her face.

"Bowling! Dude I haven't been bowling in years," she said excitedly, gazing over the various alleys where people were playing their own games.

"I'm so glad you like it, I thought we could do something fun."

"I love it," her gaze looking down at her outfit and chuckled, "Gosh I feel so over dressed right now though."

"I think you look lovely," he spoke and Mari's breath got stuck in her throat, cheeks heating up at his compliment.

Luckily he looked away to talk to the staff about getting a pair of shoes. After telling him her size the two found their designated alleyway and began to put their shoes on.

"Okay, best out of three. You go first," Jinyoung said after pressing start on their game, their names showing up on the score board above them.

"Oh you're on Jinyoung, watch me absolutely smash your ass," Mari said determined, picking up one of the bowling bowls and supporting it with her left hand.

With a quick exhale she stepped onto the platform and made her swing. The ball rolling off into the side pit almost instantly.

Mari's mouth dropped in shock, hands coming in front of her face in embarrassment as she could hear Jinyoung laugh behind her.

"Hey it's okay, you still have another shot," he mentioned to the girl who shuffled to grab the next ball.

"Ignore that, just forget that never happened,"she tried to wave off her embarrassment and went again- this time hitting down half of the pins.

"Ayeee, there you go," Jinyoung smiled as he got up to get his ball.

Mari sat down on the seat and watched as the boy took his shot, getting a spare automatic. Another laugh bubbled through the boy as he turned around with his arms out.

"What's that about absolutely smashing my ass," he teased and the girl scoffed in disbelief. Standing up and moving past him to get her ball.

"I was just warming up, here lemme show you how it's really done."
She had always been competitive in this sense, she had gotten it from her mother.

The two continued to play and in the end Jinyoung winning the first round.
"Here, lemme go get us some food before our next round- you can take your shot if you want," walking away from the girl towards the diner attached to the building.

The girl stood up, stretching her neck and arms as she grabbed her own ball, picking it up and stepping forward. She lifted the ball up to eye level and took a deep breath, swinging the ball behind her and finally letting it go.

She held her breath as she watched it roll down the alley, eyes trained on it as it hit the first pin and before she knew it all of them fell down.

Gasping at getting a strike she turned around excitedly to see Jinyoung back holding a buzzer- the same shocked expression on his face.

"I did it! Did you see?!" She exclaimed excitedly, bouncing on her feet at her first ever strike.

"Yeah I did! Good job Ma!" He congratulated, bringing the girl into a congratulatory hug and feeling her still bounce in place.

A smile wide on their faces to match their erratic hearts that went unknown to each other.