The Forbidden Forest and A Sense of Dread

"Nothing, I repeat, nothing gives a student the right to walk about the school at night. Therefore, as punishment for your actions, 50 points will be taken." I gaped at her. This was a first time offense, as far as she knows at least, so why is the punishment so freaking steep?! 

"Fifty!" Harry was just as appalled as I was. 

"Each." What in Hades?! For simply being out past curfew, we lose 200 points total but for beating a full grown troll, we only get 15 points?! What the hell kind of sense does that make?! "And to ensure it doesn't happen, all five of you will receive detention." At those words, I couldn't help but smirk at the fact she said five, not four. At least Malfoy gets taken down with us. Guess that whole snitches get stitches thing was kind of right. 

"Excuse me, professor. Perhaps I heard you wrong. I thought you said the five of us." Draco spoke up. 

"No you heard me correct, Mr. Malfoy. You see, as honorable as your intentions were, you two were out of bed after hours. You will join your classmates in detention." After that, she led us back to our houses. 

The day of our detention, I was getting more and more anxious. Not at the thought of the detention, I wasn't worried about that. I had sent a letter to Annabeth and normally the owls only take about a week to deliver a reply. However, I haven't heard anything in three weeks. Was everything alright at camp? Is something going wrong? Maybe after the detention tonight, I should IM camp and make sure I don't need to leave the school early. 

After the sun set, Hermione, Ron, Harry and I all went down to the Great Hall as we had been instructed. Draco was waiting for us down there along with Filch. Gods, this guy's ugly. Filch, seeing that all of us were there, started leading us outside of the castle. 

"It's a shame they let the old punishments die." Filch spoke up suddenly. "There was a time detention would find you hanging by your thumbs in the dungeons. God, I miss the screaming." I just stared at him in shock. And they let this obvious sadist around children?! What the hell is wrong with this school?!! I looked away from him and saw that we were walking towards Hagrid's cabin. "You'll be serving detention with Hagrid tonight. He's got a little job to do inside the dark forest." Okay, so we got in trouble for going to hang out with Hagrid and our punishment is...going to hang out with Hagrid.

Okay whatever. 

"A sorry lot this, Hagrid. Oh, good God, man, you're not still on about that bloody dragon, are you?" Hagrid sniffled a little. 

"Norbert's gone. Dumbledore sent him off to Romania to live in a colony." Oh poor Hagrid. 

"Well that's good isn't it?" Hermione asked. "He'll be with his own kind." 

"Yeah, but what if he don't like Romania? What if the other dragons are mean to him? He's only a baby, after all." Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Filch roll his own eyes at Hagrid. 

"Oh, for Gods sake, pull yourself together, man. You're going into the forest, after all. Got to have your wits about you." 

"The forest?" Draco protested. "I thought that was a joke! We can't go in there!" Filch turned and gave the blond a look. "Students aren't allowed." Oh yeah, I remember the warning given to the students on the first night here. What the hell is wrong with this school?! "And there are...werewolves." Draco finished and I could almost feel the fear in his voice. 

"There's more than werewolves in those trees, lad. You can be sure of that." Filch said ominously. I gripped my necklace a bit. "Nighty-night." And with that, Filch went back to the castle. Fang went up to me and I gave him a loving pet.