38: Meetings

"Nari!" Jessi pulls me into a hug and squeezes the life out of me.

"Jessi!" I hug her back but not as hard.

She lets me go and reaches for Hoseok who lets her hug him. Eric pulls me into a much softer hug "Hey kid."

"Hey old man."

"I am not that old."

I scoff playfully and let go of the hug "You are in your thirties. You're ancient."

"Yah know, you aren't far from that yourself young lady."

"I still have three years."

"Three years isn't that long." Eric jokes.

I flip him off "Whatever."

Jessi pulls me over to the couch and sits me down "So tell me about this new soulmate."

I glance at Hoseok and he smiles and shakes his head lightly.

"He can tell you about himself when he gets here. Which should be soon and as soon as he gets here we can go."

"Fine." She looks me over "Can I get you to change?"

"No you can not. We are going out to dinner not going to a club."

She pouts at me "Fine

She pouts at me "Fine."

The doorbell rings and I look at Hoseok again and he nods and goes to answer the door. I hear him greet Changkyun and then give him a short kiss, making me smile. I can smell his nervousness already and I push out more of my own scent to hopefully help calm him.

Hoseok comes back into the living room with Changkyun a step behind him. Changkyun gives me a smile but makes no move to come over to me which is something we already talked about. He normally doesn't have a problem with PDA but when he's nervous he's more reserved in front of other people.

"Changkyun this is Jessi and Eric. The two oldest of my group of friends from college. You'll get to meet everyone else at dinner but they wanted to meet you first."

"You have got to stop calling me old child." Eric glares at me playfully.

I shrug "If the shoe fits."

Changkyun chuckles, so does Hoseok but Jessi snorts "She's got you there Eric."

"Shut up." He rolls his eyes in a non serious way "Anyway. I'm Eric, Nari's old man friend. Nice to meet you."

Changkyun bows his head "It's nice to meet you too."

"And I'm Jessi."

Changkyun smiles and it holds more nervous energy "I'm a fan actually. Really love your work."

I smile and then smirk at Hoseok who already knows where my thought process is and shakes his head at me "You know our soulmate didn't know who she was? We had to tell him and he was all like 'oh ok that's cool' I was a little disappointed."