Chapter 14

Hits and Devastation

Amy and Renard along with the rest of the group had made significant time getting into the forest and the start of the Mountain Region when the Ground Rocked and shuddered as Los Angeles was hit by a Meteor of a 100 mtr diameter leaving a 2 mile diameter Crater after a 63 Megaton Explosion, Spartan and the other horses all started playing up, Spartan reared and lost his balance due to the shaking ground, as did some of the other horses falling against a 7ft boulder throwing Amy off and down a very deep Ravine that thankfully had a long decline just past the trees, but Amy wasn't the only one to end up at the bottom of the ravine as one of the other trainers,  name of Jenny ended up following Amy down.
All the Horses had been made to lay down and tied up to the tree bases which would keep them safe should there be anymore tremors.
Renard tried to look down the Ravine but couldn't see them.
"JENNY, CAN YOU HEAR ME".
"YES RENARD".
"HOW ARE YOU AND AMY".
"I'M OKAY RENARD, BUT AMY HAS A BROKEN LEG.  I THINK ITS HER TIBIA".
"HOW FAR DOWN ARE YOU".
" Ai-je un ruban à mesurer "
"WHAT ".
"Do i have a tape measure Renard"
"JENNY JUST GUESS,  I CAN'T SEE THE BOTTOM".
"Okay, about 155 meters".
"Okay, we'll see how much rope we have"
Just at that point the earth rocked from side to side causing them all to take shelter as the next meteor hit the  San Andreas Fault Line causing earthquakes everywhere as California started to slip away from the main Continent,  this inturn caused a massive earthquake in San Francisco and set off the Lassen Peak Volcano  which last erupted in May 1915.

"Okay, we'll see how much rope we have"Just at that point the earth rocked from side to side causing them all to take shelter as the next meteor hit the  San Andreas Fault Line causing earthquakes everywhere as California started to slip away from...

Thankfully Scientists were grateful that the Yellowstone Caldera didn't  Erupt.
Renard was trying to see what rope they could get together to help JENNY and AMY get back up then straighten and splint her Leg.

Heartland

At Heartland Ty was still at Heartland on his Semester break as he didn't need to work like he was before for Amy's present. He and the Family were watching things unfold on TV  and were all worried about Amy as there was nothing they could do.
"Lou try that App thing and see where Amy is please".
"Okay Grampa ".
While Lou was waiting for the App to search for Amy's phone they watched what was happening from the satellite Cameras and Video, they could see the Devastation from Space and then another massive Explosion as Los Angeles was hit by one of the bigger masses leaving a crater of 2 miles across which Ty noticed took out where The Dark Horse Troupe were camped and Just into the Forest.
"OMG that crater Took out where Dark Horse were staying Lou, where is she".
"Hang on Ty it's Just coming up now, Amy's about 50 miles into the forest and Mountain region".
"Thank god for that, I need to drive down there".
"Ty, every road and airport for now is closed  except for emergency services and the Military".
Amy's phone was ringing but no one could hear it due to the rumblings from the earthquakes happening almost one after the other.
Ty and the family were still watching the ongoing Horror they were witnessing in front of them, then another massive Explosion hit as the last Meteor hit the San Andreas Fault Line,  it went straight up to San Francisco  and most of North America and Canada felt this one as the ground shook violently, things were falling off  shelves Ty grabbed the TV before it fell over. Then another Explosion was felt as the Lassen Peak Volcano exploded.
"Dear God, if we can feel it here ,what must Amy be feeling down there".
"I'm so worried Jack, I really hope she's okay".

To be continued