Chapter 44: Epilogue Part 1

1 day later...

"Chief Warlock Potter, sir," a man dressed in Ministry uniform spoke. Harry was sitting in his office in the Ministry of Magic after coming back from Geneva to settle some things as Supreme Mugwumps. Most of them feared him enough to do whatever he said and the others respected him enough to listen.

"Someone is here to see you, says it's important," the man with a thick Yorkshire accent said.

"Who might that be?" he asked curiously. It was rare that anyone came to his office unannounced, let alone on an 'important' matter.

"He told me to tell you 'Deathly Hallows'?"

Harry raised an eyebrow. Who in Earth would come to his office demanding a meeting leaving him with the code 'Deathly Hallows'.

"What do they look like?" Perhaps their appearance would ring a bell. As far as he knew, not many people knew of his conquest involving certain Hocruxes and Deathly Hallows. Even Sirius didn't know and that was saying something.

"Grey hair, muggle clothes, rather old bloke," he described vaguely.

Harry furrowed his brows thinking about who matched that description until he came across the answer. Dumbledore.

That brought up the question. Why did Dumbledore want to see him?

Eventually, curiosity got the better of him and he asked the man to bring him in.

A few moments later, the Goat himself sat on the chair in front of him. The man who manipulated him, betrayed him and above all tricked him into being a pawn in 'for the Greater Good'. He wore blue jeans and a pink polo t-shirt and seemed like your average muggle grandfather. Not the man that used to practically rule the world at all.

"So, Thief, what are you doing here? Come to try to kill me again? I assure you that you won't be able to," he sneered sarcastically. He had every right to do so. In the room with him was Kingsley, Yaxley and 5 other fully-trained Aurors, including Moody. Alastor and Harry had become friends. It was as though they were old buddies.

"No, Chief Warlock, I come to deliver a message that you won't believe."

Harry raised an eyebrow, intrigued.

When Albus saw that Harry wasn't going to speak, he reached into his pocket and pulled something out slowly, not wanting to alert the very skilled Aurors in the room as well as the single most powerful person in the Magical and Political world.

Harry watched intently as he pulled out a chain out of his Jean pocket. It reminded him of something. That was when he saw it. A Time Turner. Immediately, not trusting the ex-Headmaster with such an object, he wandlessly summoned it into his hand.

He took a good look at it and tested it so that it was real and not some ruse to catch him off guard. It was real alright.

Looking back up at the old man, he realized that she was pulling out a slip of paper from his other pocket and he could sense his own magic in it but as far as he knew, he had not pumped his magic into a piece of paper other than... well... never.

Dumbledore place the slip of paper onto his table and he quickly scanned it, again, truthful and authentic.

He carefully opened the piece of parchment and recognized his own penmanship.

Dear me,

It wasn't Tom.

-Me

Harry stayed still for a while with his head rushing with thoughts and ideas. He wasn't sure how long he had sat there but when he looked up, Albus was gone and so were the other Aurors apart from Moody who was acting like his usual self with though his leg dislodged and sitting guard at Harry's office door.

"THAT'S IT!" he yelled. In a second, Moody was up with his back to Harry with his wand pointed at the door looking around. He hadn't even noticed that he didn't have his leg on as it was laying on the floor.

"Relax, Alastor, I got it from here," he chuckled.

"You sure?" his gruff voice said. Of course, in this timeline, he hadn't been imprisoned in a suitcase for the better part of a year so he was slightly less on edge.

"Yes, now go home."

He nodded stiffly before putting his leg in place and limping off.

Harry sighed and began to spin the Time Turner. He knew where he had to go...

He quickly shadow-stepped to the address he charmed as Ashe's permanent owl location and snatched the summoning letter the summoning letter.

As fast as he could, he shadow-stepped outside the room that they had summoned him to.

"You called?"

idea from nyxques