○ 58

"I don't know Daeun, what do I do?" Mari buried her head into her best friends pillows.

The smell of her vanilla shampoo filling her nose, but the more she smelt the more she could smell the familiar scent of sea salt and musk- her head automatically shooting up and staring straight at her best friend with her eyebrows knitted together.
"Was Renjun here?"

Daeuns eyes widened and Mari shot up, smile pulling at her lips "he was?! Daeun!"

"Okay yes he was but we didn't do anything, we just watched a movie," she said, sitting down on the edge of the bed and Mari wiggled her eyebrows.
"Ma! We didn't do anything," she threw a pillow straight at her face and Mari laughed.

"Okay okay, a movie that's it," she leant against the head board, pillow in her lap as she looked at her best friend lovingly, "you seem so happy."

Daeun looked up shocked, "it's written all over your face Da, you like him." A blush crept up her neck, smiling to herself.
"I can't believe a guy is making me feel like this. I thought it was only ever women who made me feel like this Ma."

"No more fuck men I'm guessing then," Mari laughed and Daeun groaned, falling back with her hands over her face.

"Why are we having so much boy trouble. I thought we would be single for life."
"I mean I'm only dealing with Renjun. You have two boys on your hands- speaking of. How was your date with Jinyoung?"

Daeun sat up, cross legged in front of the girl whose head hit the backboard.
"It went okay. That cafe was really nice, you should definitely go with Renjun."

"...is that it?" She looked at her incredulously.
"I don't know. It was fine other than that. We sat, ate cake. I was doing well until he said something and it made me think of Hyuck and then I couldn't stop thinking about him."

Daeun watched her with a knowing look, "I still can't believe you're having trouble choosing when there's such an obvious answer."

Mari tilted her head in confusion "there is? Can you tell me?"
Daeun tutted at her, petting her thigh with a shake of her head. "No can do sweetie that's for you to decide on your own. But I must say you're incredibly dense and stupid if you don't already know."

Mari deadpanned her, giving her a fake laugh before muttering out a "so funny."

"You'll figure it out soon enough. It's your decision to make not mine. Now I'm gonna go have a shower, I stink."
"Yeah you actually smell like ass," Mari laughed when Daeun flashed her the middle finger before walking out of the room.

Reaching over to pick up her phone, she tapped on one of the recent notifications- opening up a chat.

Hyuck :)

Hear me out coz the rest of the boys disagree
There's only one butt and not two

...
What?
There's definitely two butts

Wdymmmmm
There's one!

Okay buddy
Go argue with Jaemin

He argues like a wall tho

Exactly

😑
U suck

Not as much as u  ;)
AnywhoOooo

Watcha doin?

I'm at Daeuns house

And you're speaking to me?
How flattering ☺️

Don't get your hopes up hyuck
She's in the shower

Ahhhh
I'm the solution to boredom then I'm guessing

Mmmm no
I was gonna talk to Jeno but accidentally clicked on u

Sureee sureeee
I bet you're so happy to talk to me

...
Look at the time. I gtg. I have a much needed convo with Jeno to start-

Okay fine
Just
Stay... please

Mari paused for a second when she read those words. Thumbs hovering over the keyboard before she began typing away again.

It had been so different between the two of them ever since their conversation. It was like things had gone back to normal.

Before they knew it, they were back at each other's throats bickering. Just like the old times.
She felt relieved.

Now look who wants to talk to me
I guess I really am a delight

Your ego is as big as your forehead istg

HUH
TAKE THAT BACK

No

Take it back you whore

Mmmmm
No

You're the devil istg

☺️
Thank you

The message bubble appeared and after it hadn't disappeared for a while, Mari swiped out of the convo and into another one while she waited for Donghyuck to send the message.

Jinyoung <3

Heyyy

Hey 👋

Watcha up tooo?

Me? I'm playing a game
What are you doing?

I'm at Daeuns house waiting for her to get out of the shower

Ahhh I see
Having fun?

Yeahhh, I think her dad ordered us Chinese food

Omg yum, that sounds so good
Her dads a legend honestly

Yeah he's pretty cool

Yeah
Oh so I heard there's a screening of that new action movie playing at the cinema
Did you want to go?

Yeah that sounds great :)
Ive heard good things about it
It's got Tom Cruise in it right?

Yeah!
I guess this is a date then :)
I'll pick you up on Tuesday

Oh
Yeah sure
See you then

Mari locked her phone and placed it on her chest. Staring up at the ceiling as she takes in his words.

"A date?" She mumbles to herself and sighs.

This feeling inside of her was neither excitement nor dread. She thought of the movie almost indifferent which confused her considering the first time they had a date she was beyond ecstatic.

"So I was thinking, how about we watch the a vampire Diaries while eating dinner," Daeun plopped herself onto her bed as she continued to dry off her wet hair.
"Ma?" Shaking her head, Mari looked at her friend and nodded in agreement.

"What's up? Why are you spacing out?"
"It's nothing, just, Jinyoung asked me to go see a movie with him on Tuesday and made it a date."
"And you're not happy about it?"
"No I am! It's just... I don't know. I feel off is all."

"Right," Daeun got up to throw her town over her door. "I think you need to stop thinking about Jinyoung and Haechan for just one simple night. If you talk about them once more, I'll smack you on the ass. Got it?"

Mari laughed, "got it."
"Good, now I think dinners almost here so we should go down stairs."

Nodding her head, the two made their way down stairs. Mari leaving her phone behind and forgetting about the text message Donghyuck had sent her.