○ 62

"I can't believe we've completed this assignment," Mari slumped back into her seat, head leant back as she stretches out her back.

"Thank gosh, I was starting to think we should just accept our fate and fail," the boy besides her stood up and feel back onto his bed, arms behind his head so he could look at his girl.

"I'm just glad it's over. Cant you believe that when we started this assignment I never wanted to see your face," she swivelled on his chair to face him.

"Thanks for the reminder," he joked.
"I'm still sorry about that," she pouts and he sighs, sitting at the edge of his bed and reaching out to grab her by the thighs and pulling her close to him.

Her knees in between his as his thumbs brushed over the fabric of her sweat pants- well his sweat pants- that were way too long for her.

"You need to stop apologising, I'm over it now. Stop focusing on the past and let's just focus on what we have now, okay?" When she looked into his eyes she felt her heart melt.

The warmth radiating off of his chocolate iris. His eyes were softly lidded, looking at her with so much adoration and she felt herself fall harder.

The corner of her lips pulled up and she softened into his touch. "You're right, im sorry."

He gave her a look of warning and she apologised again.
"You'll be the death of me," he laughed, "now come here, i wanna watch a movie to celebrate us finishing our assignment."

He moved up his bed and grabbed his computer from his night stand. Placing it on his lap and petting the spot next to him for her to join.

Slipping under the covers, she made herself comfortable. His body heat next to her acting as a heater which she was thankful for because she was currently cold.

"What do you want to watch?" He scrolled through Netflix trying to decide on an option.

"I don't mind, you choose," he continued to scroll before clicking on the title of a Netflix original.

"The kissing booth?" She said confused and he nodded.
"I love it."
Mari smiled up at him, "you're so cute."

The movie began to start and she slowly started feeling her body get cold again- making her scoot close to him until her head was on his chest and her arm around his waist.

"You cold?" He asked, looking down briefly to see her squished up against his chest.

"A little. You're warm," she pulled herself closer and he chuckled. The weight of his hand placing itself on her back calmed her more.

The two sat there in silence. Watching the movie quietly and Mari found it fascinating and endearing that this was the type of movie Donghyuck liked.

She always knew he was a hopeless romantic, always watching romance drama with his mother and her when they were children.

Even when he told her his plans for proposing one day, the thought that he had put in it, she knew love was something very important to him.

So watching the movie made her feel closer to him almost. Watching the movie and listening to his heart beat thump softly within his chest would've made her fall asleep.

And she almost did if it wasn't for his slight sets of laughter or his hand movements of her back that kept her awake.

"Don't you think it's weird that the winter holidays are at the end of this week," Mari said quietly, pondering over the thought as the characters in the movie talked about summer holidays.
"This semesters gone so fast, hasn't it?"

He hummed in agreement, "it has. Felt like yesterday that we moved to Seoul. Cant believe how long ago that was now."

"It's insane. Time is crazy." The two fell back into solitude as they watched a little more of the film.

Mari adjusted herself so her hand was now laying flat on his chest. She looked up slightly, eyes wide and doe like when meeting his.

"So, what do you have planned for the winter break?" She asked, fingers drawing shapes onto his chest and his hum vibrated under her head.

"Well, I was thinking of going back to Jeju. See some family and walk around the island without teachers breathing down my neck. But it's going to be way too cold."

A thought raced into Mari's head at the sound of Jeju. Propping herself up into her elbow, she looked at the boy who gazed back.

"I think I have a better idea."